IAS Suggestion.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What changes for iAS League do you prefer?

• Add hammers for hammerumping + hammerlaunching

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Add hammers for hammerjumping only

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Don't do any changes

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Geo

One & Only
Aug 20, 2003
Scotland
Hi there , had added a suggestion to a previous thread for ias , thought id start this thread and make a poll to see feelings with regards to hammers in ias for making more maps playable and changing feel of ias. Alot of time when attacking certain maps it just aint that fun tbh and the maps i used as examples was Bridge and Overlord however there are others for example Siege and Mazon that would become more enjoyable and playable if hammers were on. The only down side i can see is Insta launches would not be used as much as breen mentioned however there are prob 1 or 2 clans that actually use them effectively and there aint that many thats hard to defend if you know the launches.

Last edited:
Attempted to add poll with options 1 no change 2 hammers for launching and hammer jumping 3 hammers for hammer jumping only , however it didnt go on lol sommat bout 3 mins pfff :D if admin could add poll with these options with names visible on would be appreciated.

I don't see the point tbh. Insta launches are doable on almost every map and its skilful team play if they are successful. Eliminating this part of the game will probably remove the fun element that the current crop play for.

Maps such as Bridge and Siege are rarely picked now in iAS and with only 5 maps being picked from each team, it's quite easy to get quite a diverse selection in a match. Try Dungeons, I think this is quite nice in iAS.

Selfhammer launches only allowed would be a really enjoyable feature in my opinion . Granted that I'm totally a n00b at insta launching ( I dont know a lot of insta launches and my aim is not good enough ), I think that selfhammer launch wouldn't eliminate the l33t insta launches you are talking about torp, since they ( at least the ones I know :rolleyes: ) can't mostly be replaced and aren't doable by selfhammer launches theirselves ( without the help of some shock rifle shots of course).

Moreover I think that selfhammer launches would surely enlarge the number of possible insta launches too :naughty:

Basing on the poll proposed by geo, I'd pick for sure the 3rd option.

Added the poll. I personally really can't judge it. The idea didn't sound bad at start. But I dunno if it would attract more people to the mod or expel the small amount of insta players thats left too. I guess such a mutator wouldn't be hard to implement, so maybe we could just give it a try any free evening and see how it works.

Hammers would mean a real big change in the gameplay of iAS, the element of big hammerlaunches wouldnt fit into iAS imo. I always enjoyed iAS, just to kill, do great attacks and defences. It never bothered me that iAS matches took so long, or that Bridge is 99% full defence.

Voted for no change!

No offense but imo it's a ghey idea :P

iAS = insta launches
std = rocket/hammer launches

if there'll be hammers into ias there's no need for insta launches nemore and imo insta launches are something that are so fun to do ...

I think it is to bigger change, essentially being another game type. May well bring in new clans to s tart with, but I would expect to see diehard IAS players disappear in a sulk and then the new clans lose interest like in 2v2, original ias, IAC, ctf, etc. Nice idea but dont think itd work.

I myself think that at least self hammer jumping would increase the amount of ias launches however i do see the hammer launching would not benefit league as so many dont like as big a change , fair play.