i think

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

syphus

When God was handing out chins, I was so stoned I
Jun 27, 2001
Lisbon
iff you need new ideas you can ask TO developers they are nice peeps maybe they got some new scripts maps ideas and sttuff i really think you should have a chat with them

check their work on new TO asaault on terrorists :D

http://www.to-headquarters.4players.de:1038/artikel/beta30_english.htm

and check here there trailer in latest downloads in tha low part off tha page this -->Tac-Ops:AoT US Trailer

http://www.to-center.com/

really top class work

i think you can get some ideas with them m8's

well that's just me tell me woot you think i think it might helps on
new league assault :thumb:

fs sy we all have lots of things on the boil all the time so if you post , you may not get a reply imediatly!!

as for the TO idea :) thanx for the input i downloaded the new version yesterday and have allready been takeing apart bits of TO 2 so it was in the pipeline anyway
as for speaking to the TO crew thats a thought ill comunicate in our irc chats with the team
cheers
Opti

The new TO 3 beta is very nice indeed, the performance increase is massive - I have no idea what they have done but all the maps have new textures and designs, its wicked. This is another thing I can't wait to see on the new UT Engine.

heeh k m8 thz really their new texture are top claass cant imagine how they made it sttiill fc they are good they may be a good help =D

THZ for eply on irc opti m8:)

Martz another thing better texture game play bla bla bla

and requires less specs then the old 1 wish is very good 2

Haven't tried the new TO, but the whole idea of TO is vastly different to Assault, or were you referring to ideas for Project ASII? In which case this is in the wrong forum :p:

I think syph was refering to the graphical difference in the new version, it looks better than anything else I've seen on the UT engine - they seem to have pushed it to its limits and beyond.

Anything they've done will simply be done by high detail textures, which wont slow they engine down at all really, of course with such a slow paced game they can throw in a few extra polys for good measure too. It something any mapper is free to do, but creating your own textures is pretty time consuming, and not an easy task. Its certainly nothing clever or special tho.

Changing graphical appearance is not within the scope of League Assault tho, since I don't create any maps, and I don't have access to the engines source code :D

thz martz for the suppor t m8 that's exactly woot i mean not the game ... but the work on graphicts texture bla bla scripting bla bla all that :) phill i ment this m8 they are VERY GOOD on working
on unreal engine m8 they made TO much better with ut erecources and requiring less specs wish i really think it's awsome and dont know how they manaje to do it .....sttill tha concept of this theard was just an idea off talking with those kick ass programmers from TO in order to help on ASII project which i defend first off all phill hope you got my idea m8 they are good and can be a good help on our project well i say (our) beside you guys doing all tha job i consider this league a part off me has also a part of all off us .. hope i made my self clear now.. :)

PS phill try aot just to check there work m8 you will be impressed :)

Originally posted by Phear
... pretty time consuming... not an easy task ... nothing clever or special ... changing graphical appearance is not within the scope ... since I don't ... and I don't have...

You'r pretty negative for a developer ;)

/me ducks

lol Martz, golden rule is always know your limits and never promise something you can't deliver :D Every project has its boundries, and League Assaults are firmly based on code alone, I have no plans nor never did have any plans to do anything related to textures, models or maps in League Assault, they are well outside the projects scope.

I figured Syph was talking about Project ASII, just he posted it here which didn't make any sense. Anyway, whatever the TO team have done will pale in comparison to whats possible on the latest build of the Unreal Engine, as used in UT2003 :D