Hurricans

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice

Oct 15, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
Isn't it about time for the US to change their economy and care about air pollution and the like a bit more? The next hurrican is on its way and it won't get less.
In the end they safe money with cheap, air-polluting energy, but they have to spend it all for hurrican repair :uhh:

They can't prevent further storms, but can maybe reduce the amount and strength.

Discuss, argument, flame ;)

Holland could be sunk, Australia desertified, UK eroded away... the US would not change. They might now, or when it starts effecting the US more. However it maybe too late by then.

Air Pollution doesn't necessarily cause Hurricanes ;)

What would help is if they stopped building their feckin' houses out of wood.

Miner said:
aye.. i really dont get those yanks, even pigs know that bricks are better then wood :D

Anyway,
USA fucking up nature, nature fucking them up.... serves em right.

Miner said:

I mentioned "air pollution and the like", meaning heating up of the atmosphere and smiliar things. I don't know the english terms, but I'm sure you get the idea ;)

About the houses you are very right, it's stupid to build such unstable houses in the area of the world where most hurricanes and tornados are :| The american problem is that they are not thinking about the (near) future, but only about the very present time.

problem is that they can still cope fucking well with these disasters because their economy is so strong, countries like australia, spain or many asian countries cant fight desertification very well though.
the US might think otherwise when theyre harmed more or they wont changed then at all because theyre too bold and realize that changing then wont do a fuckign thing nemore, which is a reasonable attitude too IMO.
"why care about whats after my time.." however we should care because it still will affect us when we get older. politians are fucking old senile shits though so they dont give pants about the climate, especialy not american politicians, they rather push war.

according to the white house it could be a terrorist attack and their troops are preparing
to invade another random oil state in the middle east.

ProPain said:
according to the white house it could be a terrorist attack and their troops are preparing
to invade another random oil state in the middle east.
:rofl:

back on topic: I believe that we (the young people) will have to "save the world" ;) . Not an easy job, but if we behave like the generations before us, destroying everything, I bet that humanity is dead or living under glass in about a hundred years. If humans are to stupid to care about this, I don't care, let them die, but I decided I'm really gonna do something about it. WILL YOU?

save the fecking planet, or kill yourself

attachment.php

interesting link sneez , don't really believe such stuff but it is strange that 4 tornado's hit in short time
add to that the link sneed posted and any reasonable mind must conclude that it is "strange"

If the black lines indicate the center of the hurricanes, the states that are next to it will have suffered less damage :rolleyes: Just another stupid propaganda thing ;)

What is it with people thinking that the eye of the hurricane causes most damage :P

Last edited:
Miner said:

Exactly.

I live in Puerto Rico (small island in the caribbean) and lived several months in the United States. We get hit by hurricanes at least twice a year. Most of the infrastructure of the houses in the US (at least in Florida) are not prepared for an hurricane.

Ice said:
In the end they safe money with cheap, air-polluting energy, but they have to spend it all for hurrican repair :uhh:
Have you ever been in the middle of an hurricane? Lost your house? Got no power / water for 2 months? No? Then don't say they should have spent all that money in "air polluting energy" instead of rebuilding Florida.

Ice said:
What is it with people thinking that the eye of the hurricane causes most damage :P
The eye of an hurricane does not causes damage at all. It's the calm before the worst part is about to begin. The rain and the winds stop, you can even see the sun if you're lucky.

The eye does cause the most damage... its not the "eye" though, its the eye wall that does the damage. If your in the eye you have just had the worst of it, the problem is your gonna have the worst of it again :D

mel said:
Have you ever been in the middle of an hurricane? Lost your house? Got no power / water for 2 months? No? Then don't say they should have spent all that money in "air polluting energy" instead of rebuilding Florida.

That's not what i said (at least i hope so), i meant that they should stop with the air-pollution instead of spending money on it. Clean energy will cost more, but in the end it's the better way to go.

And isn't it still better to be at the middle part of the hurricane than being on the outer side where you get hit all the time? :confused:

Ice said:
And isn't it still better to be at the middle part of the hurricane than being on the outer side where you get hit all the time? :confused:
Oh! i meant in the middle (literally) of a hurricane warning. Not in the middle of the hurricane. :P

O <======= Eye of the tornado. Winds are around 300Km/hour there. (The line)
Try breaching it, as a very smart man once said:
"Tornado's are the best spammers."