how do i get mousebuttons to work?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
guys, i got a prob... :(

i got a new mouse and i want to use the extra mousebuttons...
but how the hell can i use them????

hope somebody can help me

1) check your user.ini for any entries which say something with mouse.
2) if there arent entries for all your buttons, u have to rely on driversoftware to map those buttons to simulate keypresses (so get ut to catch those instead).
I may as well tell u what they are:
axi:
mousex, mousey, mousew, mousez
buttons:
leftmouse, rightmouse, middlemouse, mousewheelup, mousewheeldown

Depends entirely on what u cant get the extra buttons to pretend to be. Maybe u can get them to simulate some of the joystick button entries (joy1-joy16 in the userini) if u have some fancy software for the mouse.

helps if u tell us the mouse u got.

like i got the MS intellioptical and to use the extra buttons u need to install the mouse software for it. then set the keys for it, so i set my left side button to say Alt and right side button to enter.
Then when u set ur keys in UT u use alt and enter for example.

hope that helps you

both nice idea´s, but the prob is, i allready installed the drivers (mouseware) for my mouse & that i dont want my mouse to use alt or enter, cuz it will use it in windows too then ^^
and that is not really good, cuz the two/three buttons are kinda handy with the original funktions,

i have the logitech mx310,
the mouse has 6 buttons:
button1: leftmouse,
button2: rightmouse,
button3: middlemouse, (mousewheelup, mousewheeldown,)
button4:is on the left side of the mouse (--> in windows the funktion is "Inet explorer backwards")
button5:is on the right side of the mouse (--> in windows the funktion is "Inet explorer forwards")
button6: is behind the mousewheel

yeh idd, but thts the only way i know and what i use. i dont mind loosing the fwd and back option in inet, after all its only a move the mouse up and click away :p

but g/l with finding another way.

hey, np, thx for help anyway. If i dont find a other way, ill use yours :)

i think u use the same mouse as me but i use mx 700 looks the same and functions are rthe same 2 i think(didnt c yours) thing is
in ut they are not recognised as a new button so the only way to use them is to assign them to a key and yes shit happens they are sett that way in windhoos ten

buttons that work and are recognised are

lefmouse, rightmouse, middlemouse, mousewheel up, mousewheel down

alt+left arrow and alt+right arrow makes IE go forward and backwards, maybe u can figure out a way to use dat, to make a bind/aliases for what u wanna do, but i think its 2 much hassle