Hispeed- doorblocking

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ok im fucking sick of the hi speed door being blocked on publics recently.

way i see it there are two options:

1. stay as is - most ppl dont know how to stop it and hence have games ruined on a regular basis. leagues are unnaffected. ppl just get generally pissed off with assault and then ppl wonder why majority of ppl dont want to play assault.

2. inform ppl how its done so they will know how to 'undo' it (obviously my argument hinges on the assumption that it can be 'undone'?) . leagues are still unnaffected.

surely you aint helping anyone by keeping the info to yourselves as many publics are being ruined already?

dont wanna get too carried away here but what im basically saying is withholding the info is doing more damage.

Hardly, afaik there is no way to "undo" it, releasing the information on how to do it, will just unleash even more lameness on the servers...

thinking about it though the reason i thought it could be undone was cos someone said the solution was to kill everyone in car one - cant remember who said it or where - maybe ace?

anyway, my point being that entering car one with several defenders inside you've got fairly shite odds of success so the advice didnt really help.....

oh sod it, ill just play with some rizlas each time hi speed comes around in future....

:cow:

AS-HiSpeed: The switch at the end that is supposed to open the control cabin can be blocked by a player who gets in the way of the mover once activated. If this happens, the mover will return to its starting position, and the door will remain closed. Then the map can't be completed by the attackers and the defenders will win once time runs out. To prevent this from happening, make sure you kill all the defenders in front of the switch before triggering it, and try not to hit it from a left side angle in front of it. Occasionally an attacker activates the switch from that angle and unintentionally blocks the switch, the door won't open, and both teams get confused. There's nothing that could be done in this case. The Assault Bonus Pack's anti-cheat-protection will ensure that this switch cannot be blocked anymore.
from http://www.planetunreal.com/eavy/assault.html

This trick ain t a secret for quite a long time now...

Is it the case that some1 can block the door, then bugger off to other parts of the train with the door remaining blocked OR they have to stay in a certain location `doing' something?

Seems to me that every fucking game on that map gets screwed up anyway so keeping the `secret' to urselves has clearly not worked.

Unfortunately theres more than one way to block door, on top level via switch and also on the bottom level where door is.

Nasty favours the method involving the door rather than the switch, so check down there before getting switch.

Hope I havent given too much away :rolleyes: