Highlighting my own name

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice

Oct 15, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
for other names it works with the highlight command, but not for my own. i am using nnscript and cant find the "colors" tab, think it's not available. but why does the highlight command not work for my own written lines?

The highlight relies on incoming events to trigger the parser...

Out of interest, why would you want it to highlight words you've written? Or did you want it to highlight the whole line?

Reactions: Ice
Ice said:
i want the whole line to be highlighted, so my text differs from
others and i can find things faster.
OK, put this in a Remote Script near the start of the scripts:

Code:
on &*:INPUT:*:{
  if ($0) && ((/* !iswm $1) || ($ctrlenter)) && (($active ischan) || ($query($active)) || (=* iswm $active)) && ($window($active, 0) = 1) {
	say  $1- | halt
  }
}
alias say {
  if ($isid) { return }
  if ($status == disconnected) || (!$0) || (($active !ischan) && (!$query($active))) && (=* !iswm $active) {
	say $1- | halt
  }
  .msg $active $1-
  if ($active ischan) {
	if ($nick($active, $me).pnick != $me) { set -u %cmode $left($ifmatch, 1) }
  }
  echo 07<03 $+ $me $+ 07> $1- $+  
}

7 = orange, but if you have a dark background, you can use 0 for white (or pick any other colour with CTRL-K)

Last edited:
can't find "view" in my mirc :confused:
and the script doesn't work here :shout:
[23:10:48] * SAY Unknown command
bah

oh that color thing is good, couldn't find it (in mirc theres a button, in nnscript it's only in the view menu as you said). thanks everybody.

ok i didn't search long,prolly coz of france match :P
but at least they was no "view" in my mirc :p:
and fo warchild fs

Attachments

• tttt.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Ice