halo

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i have seen a wee bit but i cant really tell these things from mags whether they are good or not. The thing that does it for me is the playable demo's.

But i do think i will be buying one when it comes oot.

Btw any of you checked out AvP2. Its pretty good what what i have played so far. Turn off the lights and crank the volume up and it becomes scary as shite.

Shit myself and had to clean the seat. :D

hmmm, well its the kind of game that would make me buy an xbox just to play it - so a playable demo is out of the question....chicken and egg type thing you see?

for what its worth EDGE have given only 3 (i think) 10/10 scores in the 8 or so years its been running.....halo gets the 4th so that certainly makes me take notice....

AvP2? - well the first one is on the mac but not 2nd so i wont be joining u there m8..

so what were the others that got 10 of 10.

heres my guesses.

Mario64
Legend Of Zelda Orcarina of Time
Gran Turismo

Dunno 4 sure but u i believe they will b very popular so ur best off ordering 1 early;)

might b not as popular as i think but still a good idea to order it early so that there's no mad rush to the shops and to find the person in front of u in the que bought the last 1

good point, but i reckon it pays to wait a while to allow teething problems to be sorted first....other NTSC regions may have had their launches already, but the PAL region launch is in march (i think), and is bound to have some problems of its own.

for example early PS'2 had DVD playback trouble, but it seems to be sorted in the later ones....

and whilst i would consider buying an xbox just for halo, id rather see the schedule of game releases for some time after that in case the xbox does a dreamcast :D

I seem to recall Ocarina getting 9/10 (could be mistaken) although IMO it deserved 10 because it was top. Haven't even bothered to complete the Masks- damn you UT! Give me my life back!

Yeah but you're a gaming machine Lawless that absolutely will not stop. I'm an old man and find it hard to see the screen let alone press mouse buttons and keyboard keys (at the same time!) without the arthritis kicking in and rattling my dentures due to being wracked with paroxyms of pain.

u have dentures? wow i had to discard mine years ago cos they chaffed too much....

mind you, we'd best be careful not to set tnega off, as he is the master of all dentist treatments....

And while I'm on the subject of self-congratulatory shenanigans, remember 'Micro Machines'? I part-designed that and did 95 % of the gfx.

Does it get me laid? No.

yeah- I sometimes think it was a bad move to sell my interest in that game. Didn't realise it was going to go on to sequel after sequel.