Guardia 'SV' (if you don't like GuardiaAL :P)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

so there is the weapon balance concern:

to summarize:

before cavern:
It is Flak+Pulse vs Flak+Pulse+Sniper+Mini+RL

after cavern:
Flak+Sniper+Pulse+RL vs Mini+Sniper

after bridges:
(Flak)+Pulse+Sniper+RL vs Flak+Mini+Sniper

(I left out the Mini in the middle of the bridges, because Itll be removed anyway)
If I put an ASMD in for attackers only (say after lava bridges) it would become a really short, hardly defendable map because the new def spawn challenges def more and such a powerful tool as the ASMD in the attackers' hands would nearly disable def for the last objectives. 2-3 attackers camping in front of the garage with ASMD and the mpas over in no time I think (needs testing).

Realistically I think the only proper poistion to put one in is the middle of the bridges (where there is a Mini atm)
It would make the Cavern objective significantly harder to get but the map would (I hope) balance out after that.
Basically like this:
before cavern:
Flak+ Pulse vs Flak+Pulse+Snpier+Mini+RL+ASMD

after cavern:
Flak+Sniper+Pulse+RL vs Mini+Sniper+(ASMD)

after bridges:
(Flak)+Pulse+Sniper+RL+(ASMD) vs Flak+Snpier+Mini+(ASMD)

Furthermore:
-ripper ammo will be removed, as theres no ripper... or put ripper back in? I myself didnt like the ripper too much in it and hen Id say either ripper or asmd (not any more space) and i think the majority would like the Shock rifle
-some lighting + texture alignment fixes
-move the hole between def spawn and garage ( I feel its misplaced but Id liek to get some info on where itd make more sense)
-add ASMD in the middle of bridge (If I could convice you )

If these (or other/different) changes are approved of I hope we can set up a public testing game again :)

Last edited:
sobo said:
so there is the weapon balance concern:

to summarize:

before cavern:
It is Flak+Pulse vs Flak+Pulse+Sniper+Mini+RL

after cavern:
Flak+Sniper+Pulse+RL vs Mini+Sniper

after bridges:
(Flak)+Pulse+Sniper+RL vs Flak+Mini+Sniper

(I left out the Mini in the middle of the bridges, because Itll be removed anyway)
If I put an ASMD in for attackers only (say after lava bridges) it would become a really short, hardly defendable map because the new def spawn challenges def more and such a powerful tool as the ASMD in the attackers' hands would nearly disable def for the last objectives. 2-3 attackers camping in front of the garage with ASMD and the mpas over in no time I think (needs testing).

Realistically I think the only proper poistion to put one in is the middle of the bridges (where there is a Mini atm)
It would make the Cavern objective significantly harder to get but the map would (I hope) balance out after that.
Basically like this:
before cavern:
Flak+ Pulse vs Flak+Pulse+Snpier+Mini+RL+ASMD

after cavern:
Flak+Sniper+Pulse+RL vs Mini+Sniper+(ASMD)

after bridges:
(Flak)+Pulse+Sniper+RL+(ASMD) vs Flak+Snpier+Mini+(ASMD)

Furthermore:
-ripper ammo will be removed, as theres no ripper... or put ripper back in? I myself didnt like the ripper too much in it and hen Id say either ripper or asmd (not any more space) and i think the majority would like the Shock rifle
-some lighting + texture alignment fixes
-move the hole between def spawn and garage ( I feel its misplaced but Id liek to get some info on where itd make more sense)
-add ASMD in the middle of bridge (If I could convice you )

If these (or other/different) changes are approved of I hope we can set up a public testing game again :)

fun fun tell me when the testing starts again :)

anyway in the garage there is a wall sticking out check for yerself on the left side near the roof

Reactions: sobo
Beta 5 is here. Get it here

There have only been slight changes from beta 4:
-ammo/weapon balance fixes
-Geomatry/lighting fixes
-some tricky spawnpoint fixes
-added the ASMD

I would like to do a public testing session either tonight (7th of March) if there are enough ppl about or next Wednesday (10th of March)

If im avail wed and not bizzy me and few lads will try it out if you like drop past #clan.mc with server info :)

10th is good :) have to make an assignment cant do it tonight

Important News:
The second public testing session of the map (beta 5 this time) is going to take place on Wednesday, 10th, at 21:00 GMT on League Server #4. I'd be happy to see you there.

How to participate?
Join #suym channel before 21 GMT on Wednesday or tell me via ICQ (92051103) if you want to take part.

As I think it's best to test it with a player load of 12, I hope you can tell some of your friends, too, to get enough people together (if needed). Thanks.

Last edited:
nice changes imo but still some flaws imo

def gets 50/50 spawn in "lava room" and "cavern room" which i think is to easy to attack, because the def can't get soon enough in cavern and organize defence there. i think the first attack will inmidatly capture that room and that will result in a closer spawnpoint.. (needs testing tho)

i really like the asmd in, its on the right spot there and i think that lavabridge is perfectly balanced. btw i also mis the ripper, i sugest to put that with the pulse and sniper there without ammo...

after lava goes, defenders need to walk a big ars way to reach the fight, i think that 2 attackers with shock spamming that hallway will give the defenders not very much choice other then to jump true the gate (nice solution btw) but only have 46 health left.. a posible solution is to put some spawnpoints some closer to that gate (then you can jump with spawnprotection... but i think this will give def to much advantage.. and this is totaly bollux with insta..

you also can put boots there so that 1 person can quickly re enforce his defence... and it is good for insta too

that's pretty much it, oh give def a rocketlauncher without ammo in that last spawnpoint that the can quickly shoot some granades tru that hole or summon that will give a bit a harder task for attack... but only with boots and another weapon would prob be better..

just suggesting somthing.. ;)

pyke:
3 out of 4 spawn in the Cavern at first, 1 of 4 in the minigun room (6:2 ratio of spawns), so itll prolly be ok, if not, its still not a final :p

the ripper needs some more thoughts, especially thoughts by other people aswell :D, ripper would prolly make the map indefedable after garage door (hard anyway), and would give the defenders an even harder job being ripper spammed there.

I like your thoughts about the last room. 1-2 Boots will prolly be good option for the final (also because of insta, but i didnt initially want to make this one for insta, as Guardia Original is quite ok for insta in some matches :)) another option to set a defneding lauincher there.
putting def spawn next to the hole is not going to work as you think, as you will always lose helath on a hammerjump regardless of whethere or not youve got protection on.

rocketlauncher at last bit well.. tbh pesonelly i think the flak is a better solution there: can be lobbed too but aint as spammy as the RL imo. Also, the RL can be attained very esily from incoming attackers.

Thx for feedback pyke

pykenike said:
that's pretty much it, oh give def a rocketlauncher without ammo in that last spawnpoint that the can quickly shoot some granades tru that hole or summon that will give a bit a harder task for attack... but only with boots and another weapon would prob be better..

just suggesting somthing.. ;)

i think thats a bad idea a flak is enough to kill em since the chance that you spawn there is pretty high. i tested it with 1 bot.

I like the changes.. makes aloth better.. have only played against 11 godlike bots so cant actually say so much about how the gameplay would be against real players but as the botsuport seems abit beta:P bots jumping down in lava ect.. and against bots it seems abit 2easy 2 attack.. didnt think I would ever say that about guardia lol.. tho imagining how it would be with real players I think it might be nicely balanced.. better then guardia @least..:rolling:

ok heres my report of the test:

1st of all it was funn as hell got some quick times @ start but l8er it took longer

bad points is the spawn @ the flag room/ alternative route its to hard to get up @ switch it costs ye 56 health to hammer up. move thos lil lights back so ye can do an alt-jump.

hmm to much spawn in alternative room

bit to hard to def if garage door is open
rest is really nice :D

iv played it like 4 times, well, its better, funny map for publics, but erm, never choose it in a leaguematch, it still is blind spam.. Much spam.. Really much :p:

n1 well done,
multiple ways to switch are a good idea.
still spammage, but less.
for the spam to be efficient, you gotta have some teamwork skillz

new version now, with a bit of the feedback from the playtest.

cant remember all changes because its a bit back now, but i yet widened the cavern entrance moved the fort standard a bit back all, some of got new names now so dont be too confused.

last part where def had a fuckin hard time to get in position in a good time, was changed to the biggest extent.
a new room after that room with the hole into the garage is there now, it has a lift for defenders into garage, and thighpads and health. the smaller room i just mentioned, now got boots for one defender to get to the garage very quickly at a time.

the second new path for def to the action is a bit tricky it leads directly thorugh the tank room, but the door opens for def only, so only very tricky attackers can get in (like ballistic main gate door, just quicker)

then i thought attackers have got a couple of ways now to finish the tank before the tank room doors and so I increased the tank health by a tough bit, its got 800 health now. after taking 500 damage the lights in the garage turn red, for the def to judge their situation better.

anyway here is the link now :) -> Download beta 6

Reactions: Cratos
i think if an attacker makes his way to the tunnel (skipping the garage doors) he can easily spam behind himself to avoid defenders and make his way to the tank without many problems. could be wrong though :uhh: