Guardia 'SV' (if you don't like GuardiaAL :P)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Guardia: Shit Version? :P

Nah, haven't tried it yet. Too busy downloading UT2k3-AS so I can slag it off when I decide it's shit.

SXPower said:
just b4 bridge hallway to long
I agree. I thought about making the cavern a bit longer? what do you think?
Or leave the cavern as it is but move the rest of the map a bit back so the hallway becomes shorter?

SXPower said:
bridge alot better but you can c the room with the trigger
I agree here. My idea was to move the entrance more to the right. The 3 boxes with the Keg on then would be moved more to the left so the attackers cant shoot into the garage as easily and defense cant sniper the birdge as easily.
One box will remain on the right side because otherwise the turret would be undefendable in insta.

How do you think about extending time limit to 6 or 7 minutes?

Good map, what about add 1 tunnel like on guardiaAL + would be nice if map could be a bit higher :P

Bossk said:
lets create an IRC channel, gather some players and test. Something like #guardiasv.
That is exactly what i thought about today, exactly :P though i jknew itd be going out tionight so i didnt do this today, maybe some time next week., ill put a beta2 on websapce before we test it online containing some changes that i think, make sense.

Anti: the under water andf fan tunnel imo are what made Guardia AL FAIL!!
keeping the STYLE of the orig is the most important part to remember wehen making a remake of a map. :)

sobo said:
I agree. I thought about making the cavern a bit longer? what do you think?
Or leave the cavern as it is but move the rest of the map a bit back so the hallway becomes shorter?

I agree here. My idea was to move the entrance more to the right. The 3 boxes with the Keg on then would be moved more to the left so the attackers cant shoot into the garage as easily and defense cant sniper the birdge as easily.
One box will remain on the right side because otherwise the turret would be undefendable in insta.

How do you think about extending time limit to 6 or 7 minutes?

was @ work all day justgot back its now 01:29 gmt + 1 and wtf am i doin @ uta :P

ok here we go...
hmm yeah make cavern a bit longer that lil hallway shorter and move the pulsegun room a bit back.

2nd its a good idea yeah to move the boxes and nice thinking on the insta :D

sobo said:
Anti: the under water andf fan tunnel imo are what made Guardia AL FAIL!!
keeping the STYLE of the orig is the most important part to remember wehen making a remake of a map. :)

Ye well whatever :P Even without any tunnels this map is nice call me if you gonna test it online :D

Ive talked to Cratos. We can use the DFP server for playtesting. Im in a channel called #guardiasv as suggested by Bossk, from now on. Ill be there till tonight. join if youre interested.

The testing itself will be played with the beta 2 version, it contains some changes:
-the garage door now opens as fast as in the original again, though its delayed after the switch is triggered. 2.5 seconds
-entrance to teh garage moved to the right, so there not such a direct uninterupted line between garage and bridge
- made the entrance a bit narrower, though there are boxes now that allow for cover and "mulitple" ways in :D
-cavern is now longer and the wall between the cavern and the bridge is reduced to a very short and wider way.
-some equipment changes as i posted them further above.

beta 2 can be downloaded here

ok
played the beta2

its alot better :D

-ripper is @ a weird place , rockets right ingront of the hangar doors weird place move it a bit to the side, sniper in middle of room weird place make it more to the wals
-armor @ tank urn it 45 degree :P

well hopefuly be discussing the item placement after the playtesting tonight, Sxp :)

i played it a few rounds vs bots and noticed some things thatll also be changed prolly:
-attack gets more spawnpoints ;) there are telefrags at the beginning :P
-after the attackers got the lava bridge i think about taking the minigun room spawn away from the def as its too powerful for my taste, well see tonight
- im thinking about dragging the lavabridge objective a bit back because once youve crossed the bridges 2/3 you get the message :P

nice hopefully i can test it i have a match ias so hope it goes quick ;)

np SXP :) just get into the channel or try to stay in contact in any other form so you know when its starting

absolutly nice you can complete it now in std as i guess!
found a bug btw

after i opened the garage door i spawned in the flakroom again... this only happened 1 time though

ooh and the spawnpoint move from flakroom to (old) pulse room is a bit to short, you only gain a few inches when you cross the bridge.. put the spampoint a bit more in front is my sugestion

ooh and maybe you can make the Lava water en make a entrance like in guardia AL :)

thats no bug pyke. when the attackers cross the bridge they get the pulse spawn additionally. 50:50 spawns in flak and pulse room. mvoing it even more forward would mean attacklers had spawnprotection whoile fighting on bridge, which would suck.

After todays playtest i figured its still alot too spammy. ill work on it again and reduce the ability to spam flak/rl as much for defense.

i dont think it failed tbh as some commented throughout the test. The main probs in the original guardia were the ASMD, the door, and the bridge, all of which have been dealt with.

The obvious problem with this map is the massive rocket spam by the defense coming from the garage and flak spam coming from anywhere.:D

in the next version Im moving the garage RL on the shieldbelt box, i will add some minigun ammo packs because the enforcer will be the only weapon the def stil have when they spawn. thats because - and this is an important change - the defense lose the spawn at the minigun once they lava bridges are breached.

the entrance is a bit less narrower because the right box will be moved back a bit so it doesnt block the entrance anymore (not as much).

attack get sniper ammo.

The ripper turned out to be an AWESOME weapon unfortunately. It will be replaced in a spot more neutral, namely the front end of the bridges. this will hopefully reduce ripper spam in cavern, too.

The cavern objective has been move forward a bit, the lava birdge objective has been moved back a bit.

summary:
-before cavern goes ther will be less ripper spam hopefully and the objective will be easier to get because its moved forward a bit
-after cavern the lava bridge will be a tougher objective than atm because attack lose the ripper as an initial weaponry and because the objective has been moved back. though theres sniper ammo so not such a big disadvantage to the attackers after all
-once the lava bridge has ben breached its only about time, defense was cut down a lot in their abilities: the RL is on the box so it takes about 3 -4 secs to get it, and defense lose the minigun spawnpoint, and therfore the sniper,minigun and flak as initial weaponry.
-there will be less ripper spam from the attackers side because the ripper is located more centrally.

Also i think its possible to ripper the turret from on top of the bridge :P

sobo said:
thats no bug pyke. when the attackers cross the bridge they get the pulse spawn additionally. 50:50 spawns in flak and pulse room. mvoing it even more forward would mean attacklers had spawnprotection whoile fighting on bridge, which would suck.

After todays playtest i figured its still alot too spammy. ill work on it again and reduce the ability to spam flak/rl as much for defense.

EDIT: sorry didn't see your last post /EDIT

okay I like it this way, only didn't knew it was ment to be like this.

raise the hight of the whole map would prevent the spam also a bit more, i guess
people try to launch to get lavabridge for instance.. to gain a closer spampoint(same as golgotha in the beginning)

I don't see why water instead of lava will ruin the map.., a secondary route will make it much nicer i think (mebbe; you can delete the connection between the 2 bridges and build a wall between them, you create a secondary route then and spam will be splitt in 2..

oh
reduce the ammo of the rocketlauncher, that will also prevent a lot of spam i guess

Last edited:
lava is a vital part of the atmosphere of guardia thats i will not change this, i didnt like guardiAL, reducing rocketammo has to be seen from both sides. one pack certainly isnt too much, the two packs on the bridge are only def equip for the first part of the map, once the lava bridge is gone thats attackers ammo. itll stay for now, im interested whether it can be defended at all with the changes made in beta3