GRZ maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wanna praise GRZ for Riverbed]I[ ... this map has the equal or even better qualitity than epic maps... I luve to play it... praise the master ;)

The whole system of custom maps is flawed to the detriment of map makers. There are a few good map makers out there. Grz, Steelhorn and Meir, to name just 3, but it was ages before anyone would run their maps (sept maybe Bridge), so whats the incentive? ppl aint gonna make kichass maps if no one ever gets to play them. Even the league has been slow with this (imo), owing to the difficulty of bug testing maps to the point when they are good enough for the league. I still reckon that new maps will keep interest in the game for a good while yet. But Demon, barrys and most of the others only still run the original 7 maps. Dunno what the solution is, but there has to be a way of getting new maps on publics quicker.

And then Cece can play Guardia by himself.

Yeah and If I find away to get past that dangerous autocannon I might even see that garage for the first time.

Maybe admins could lure the general public to d/l the maps. Start off with standards + one custom then keep it that way for a while and then include a new one when server is starting to fill up and so on......

That way atleast i would have played on a lot more servers.

Main problem imho is most as maps suck, plain ad simple or have major bugs. I mean when custom map vote comes round, how many decent maps are there ?

2-3 maybe, if GRZ wasn't still maing em, there would be a lot less

yeah most custom do suck, the main good ones we already got in the league, shame the league mod couldnt do something to fix some of these as colder steel would still be good map if bugs removed etc

You can shoot through the ground with the pulse to get the heart underneath so it was removed.

You can use books to fly around maps with the hammer, so they were also removed.

;)

tbh should just remove the part of leagueAS that treats map exploits, I'd love to block the doors on rook and hispeed again! erm ahem, not that I ever did such things.

sheesh xb.. did you really type like that all the time back then? :o :lol: