Google Wave

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
I've got some invites if anyone wants to try it out...

Got no idea how to use it yet though. Reply in the thread.

Wave me [email protected]. I'm also with you Martz... Yet to actually find a reason to use it properly.

Read up alot about building Robots for it though, quite a bit of potential there, but I'm yet to come up with any decent ideas for using it.

Solar fyi:

Last edited:
I also got some invites.
I'ts basically mail and chat in one, kinda funny.

Yeh, but i don't think those elements alone are enough to make me want to use it. I already have well established email, and use chat occasionally. Seems like re-inventing the wheel from that perspective.

However, the collab bits and APIs for integration with blogs/sites etc looks good. You could almost use it completely as the content engine, and push it out to multiple views, very easily allow others to contribute - live Wiki style.

Yeah I already had some fun with gadgetz
this guy showed me live the scores of football etc, lol with his own custom made gadget

Google Wave is an overhyped piece of show-off technology which I personally haven't found any use for. I'm really looking forward to Mozilla Raindrop :)