Good Games

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yeah if you wanna "spend time" all the Bioware/Black Isle games are worth a try. Hardly a bad game amongst em.

Sure the oldest ones have realy bad grafix compared but theyr are better then all the modern "only effects and no story" shit.

Baldurs Gate 1+2+Addons
Fallout 1+2
Planescape Torment

Jade Empire - Great Game especialy if you like asian flair + very action focused
Mass Effect - what Bart said pretty much

For decent athmosphere you can also go for "Vampire, The Masquarade: Bloodlines" But you will need an inofficial patch cos the Company (Troika) unfortunatly died :(. Patches the game is just great!

I stumpled across Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich recently. Had a very good laugh ! Superheros in colourfull costumes vs Nazis and Commies and the like :lol:

Good old Classic is ofc Jagged Alliance 2, especialy the Wildfire Version with better resolutions and bigger teams.

Well and even if your not into Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1+2 are realy reay great games. Unfortunatly 2 was released somewhat crippled but a modder team is almost done restoring all the content that was intended to be in the game.

EDIT: Just saw Foos link. Ye PT is indeed a bit strange at start but its one of the best games EVER!

Games you must have played:
PC:
Duke Nukem.
Command & Conquer.
Half Life.
Farcry.
Grand Theft Auto.
Portal.
Team Fortress2.

Console:
Sonic.
Mario.
Zelda.
Tomb Raider.
Metal Gear Solid.
Tekken.
Street Fighter.
Gran Turismo.
Resident Evil. (Maybe Silent Hill too)

I think MGS , Tomb Raider and Resident Evil are out for PC aswell.

MGS is PS3 exclusive. Tomb Raider 1 and 2 should be played on the PC, the console versions are rubbish!

Tomb Raider 1+2 :hug: I really liked those 2 games back in the days on my playstation lol. Are you sure it is better controls on PC? (And isnt it freeware by now?)

MGS existed long before PS3 and MG existed long before PSX :p:
Well fine but I was thinking of MGS4! I don't know about th rest of the games tbh.. I always assumed that the whole MGS series was PS exclusive! But come to think of it, they've done a few spin-offs and stuff within the MGS brand haven't they? Like, turn based strategy action games and whatnot. Weeird.

Painkiller gets boring after a while imo.
I recommend Clive Barker's Jericho..
Game where you can switch between 6 characters who have speciall abilitys... allthough the game only takes about 10/12 hours (maybe less) it's still good fun with decent graphics... I really enjoyed it
it also has parts where you have to use special key combinations to avoid certain death, quite kewl :nod:
certainly worth the downl... buy :nod:
edit:
http://www.codemasters.nl/jericho/index.php

Last edited:
Well fine but I was thinking of MGS4! I don't know about th rest of the games tbh.. I always assumed that the whole MGS series was PS exclusive! But come to think of it, they've done a few spin-offs and stuff within the MGS brand haven't they? Like, turn based strategy action games and whatnot. Weeird.
Nah, the original Metal Gear (quite a good game!) was released on the NES and had a similar sequel afaik, and then the first two 3D MG games (Metal Gear Solid) were released on PSX and later on PC as well.

After that it was all PS exclusive I think :>

One game I really enjoyed was Chronicles of Riddick, not a game that was really hyped about or talked about, but I enjoyed it, was different.

One game I really enjoyed was Chronicles of Riddick, not a game that was really hyped about or talked about, but I enjoyed it, was different.
aye, liked it too. After FarCry this was my game of the year 2004. Loved the Melee fighting parts.

i loved this game also...
Once again i recommend Jericho, though short, very enjoyable...

this was also a comment to get the dust of this thread, as I'm looking for a new game also.
As my pc still suxx and can't handle stuff like TF2(lags like hell) and CoD4 i'm looking for some 'older games' aswell...
only thing is i'm not really into FF7/8/230 or Diablo or whatsoever... i'm more into:

FarCry, HalfLife, Jericho, Riddick... Action Games with a decent story line and where you have to think about your fights instead of just hacking and slashing through the world/map....

I played Beyond Good & Evil, which was nice suprisingly, as i'm not in that kind of games... too bad i had a bug in my game so i couldn't move forward anymore and cba to play further :(

any ideas of games? :angel:

You can also play Singleplayer MODs for FarCry, HL and other existing games.
Some singleplayer MODs are reaching the quality of the main program or expands it hugely.

Actually i've so many favourite games, that would lead too far to advice you all of them.
So just my absolute favourites:

• Deus Ex 1
    It's still one of the best Shooter/RPG mixes with a class story.
    And in that masterpiece you can decide if you wanna concentrate on fire power or on stealth techniques.
    Just look what other gamers say about it:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/deusex/players.html?tag=player-reviews;count
  • Half-Life 1
    The graphics are rubbish, but this game is still entertaining. An alltime classic
  • Half-life 2 (+ Episodes)
    Really worth playing. The story is epic, graphics good and the fun intense.
  • Unreal 1
    This game started it the Unreal universe. For it's 10 years the graphics are still okish (like UT ;)).
    Its more UT like than HL-like (no need for tactics, just fast movement and fire power), but i liked the "lonely prisoner on an alien planet who needs to find a way to get home"-thing.
  • Thief series.
    poorly this series wasnt very successful, love it.
    Stealth action par excellence
  • Mafia
    Brilliant story, brilliant atmosphere. It's abit GTA-like, but the game takes place in a fictive city called Lost heaven (it's similar to New York). Time is the early and late 30s. Unlike GTA its more realistic.
    Back in 2002 it earned over 90s ratings. IIf you didnt play it yet, this is a game you have to play.
  • KotoR 1 & 2, Mass Effect
    Kotor 1 & 2 and Mass effect are birlliant RPGs.
    Dont have fear when you didnt like Baldurs Gate, i didnt like it either but liked those three games.
  • GTA series.
    The freedome and action is 2nd to none.
    My personal favourite is Vice City.
  • F.E.A.R.
    Good horror shooter, although i didnt find it very creepy. Fire fights are entertaining, especially when you use the bullet time.

Suikoden 1-2 on PSX and Fallout 1-2 are games I tend to replay from time to time. The newer Suikoden games, on PS2, arent as much fun as the oldies thats for sure.

Advent Rising is worth playing as well.

And Planescape Torment is indeed a great game, the dialogues in the game are brilliant and really entertaining.