gfx card prob

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Twonko

Love God
Jun 8, 2001
UK
I'm building a comp with 2 Geforce 6800 gfx cards which I want to run together. Problem is, the comp can only see one of them. I know they both work because they both run if I use them individually. All i've done is get rid of win98 and install xp. When I install the drivers, I get a message saying that SLI is turned off because only one graphics card is present. The device manager only sees one card and I can't force it to find the card. I tried jiggling the cards abouit in case the connectors were dodgy but they are both fine and I've swapped them over and they both work fine on their own. I've also tried 2 SLI connectors and that isn't the problem either. Any ideas how I can get both cards to be seen?

Edit
Problem solved. dunno how or why but it just decided to work. Thanks for caring.

Last edited: