Gamecube or PS2?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Originally posted by Ufie
brilliant idea inferno! thx.... :)

....buuuuut I already took the Cube back.

Wasn't getting into Zelda and can't get free games for the cube sooooo PS2 won me over...

:D

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffs

phear, control ur woman man!

:rofl: I do to, really can't get into them…

However, I think that style of game is easily best for multiplayer action when you have a load of mates round getting drunk! Monkey ball and Mario Kart are not only brilliant fun but also accessible for the less experienced gamer :D

I don't have a console (other than an old and dusty PS1!) but if I did buy one it would purely be for social multiplaying games and would be a cube :D (And the £30 off voucher I got with my GBA is really tempting me ;) ) But shhhhh, don't tell Ezby :D :p:

Originally posted by Menace
cube all the way, and btw Seeker... you should try to get it out of your head that the gamecube only has kiddie games for it... it's nonsense really... just a thing PS players made up.

Well name some titel with some gore in it on the cube. The only one i can think of is Resident Evil.
i dont own a cube, so maybe nintendo is not kiddie anymore. But when i had the N64 it was kiddie all the way. Maybe kiddie is not the right word. Lets say i missed some good disturbing violence with nintendo.:cool:

Originally posted by Seeker
Well name some titel with some gore in it on the cube. The only one i can think of is Resident Evil.
i dont own a cube, so maybe nintendo is not kiddie anymore. But when i had the N64 it was kiddie all the way. Maybe kiddie is not the right word. Lets say i missed some good disturbing violence with nintendo.:cool:

so, what you're saying is that a game has to have blood and gore for it to be mature? imo that's a very immature point of view

PS2 has more Kiddie games than NGC :p:

so... if a game has gore it's a good game.. but if a game has quality with no gore it's a shit kiddie game? lol...
Metroid Prime doesn't have gore (well not the kinda gore you want, with brains being blasted out etc) but it's still GOTY.

Zelda the Windwaker was pre-ordered more than Vice City was in the US. does Windwaker have gore? no! does it have quality and fame? yes.
does Vice City have gore? yes, and quality and fame? yes! but still an american game in the US on the mighty PS2 gets beaten by a "kiddie" game from Japan.

you've been reading too many PS2 magazines, my friend :D

Nintendo proved that they are quite down with gore games, but they have to actually have some quality to actually get out on NGC.

well thats why i said, maybe kiddie is not the right word. I meant the games are more "political correct" not that it isnt playable for an adult.

But I dont think nintendo got the image kiddie for nothing. And no I don't read ps2 magazines. I read multiplatform magazines. And back in the N64 era I read a lot of times that the N64 had a lot of kids games.
And at the launch of the Cube I had the same feeling looking at the launch titles: Luigi's Mansion, Super Smach Bros Melee, Pikmin etc.

I'm no nintendo hater nor a ps2 fanboy or something. And i know that nintendo made the best titels in games industry, except for MGS:P And i still thinks they are true game makers.