Future League Assault Updates

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Since I am too busy to work on updates for League Assault anymore, due to working on Unreal: Conflict I am turning over future development of League Assault to Polle.

Polle won't be adding any new features to League Assault, since he has less time than I had and hasn't worked with my (very messy) code before. Instead he will be adding only bug fixes and minor updates (such as map changes & fixes).

I'm getting together a list of bug fixes and changes that need to be implemented to pass over to him, so if you can think of anything post away :)

It will undoubtedly take some time before a new release will be ready. I anticipate a fair amount of research will be required before I can make any modifications.

I am looking forward to getting started though :D

gl on it not that i play in the league but anyway GL on it :D

i am a master of free interpretation and i see these suggestions^^ as very very unfriendly bugs that have to be eliminated :nod:

(c'mon :(
ain't it possible to copy the section, that prevents CV, and replace the snaplevel and centerview thingy with "behindview 1" ? )

i aint giving up hope :(

that throwweapon-issue occured in a 2on2 some days ago (vs u polle). and in 2on2 it is annoying as fuck.
UT Freezing in midgame when u wanna throw away a gun or armor :(

i have win98SE and need to push the reset button as nothing else is respoding anymore :(
with winXP you can shutdown UT and restart it but the crash is the same. -> a freeze actually.

it is the same as it was when phear had not set the CSHP to only kick but also crash the whole client, i think.

good nite :(

Throw weapon bug..

Ahh thats why my UT just crashed :)

Is it random or does something else need to happen aswell ?

dunno^^ you can provoke it tho.
just throw away many weapons and pick them up again <- over and over.
same goes for armor (but it happens more seldom here i think)

its very annoying tho. especially when it happens in a 2v2 and you have Win98SE like me and the other team doesn't wait...
in Win98SE i can't do anything but press the resetbutton... which also hurts my RAM and other Hardware maybe a bit.
can exit the program on a "normal" way.
it is just freezed.

and i think it is the result of another CSHP-relic that phear didnt change.
because the same happened when one had a bad conn and connected to a server and the connection was lost.
CSHP thought that the client was trying to avoid CSHP checking the clients console and said "cheating fuxor! i will crash you now!" and the PC froze.
phear changed it to just kicking then.

i'd like to see the same happening here too.
asked polle. he said "never happened to me". nothing else till now :(

I play a few thousand games of UT and never crash like this:\
of course im old and senile and maybe I just forget;)

i don't make those things up :(

i can get you ppl, who experienced this, too
or i can show it to you (although i don't like pushing the reset-button :( )

-> it is true and it is a problem! nearly as big as the crash-on-connect problem :(

Tnega that bug really excist.
I had it too few times, in 2v2 it sux arse init.
Also have Win98SE, whole PC freezes, then press the reset button, other team doesnt wait most times.
Damn has to be fixed

Few map bug fixes smaller txt for the enhanced scoreboard its uselful but far too big option for coloured teamsay behindview = sucide..

think they all been listed before but they aint anything major to add

Last edited: