Fov

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I know that the q3 elite plays mainly with fov 120... with that fov you got much a bigger overview about the battlefield. Especially in q3 this is an advantage since the game is much faster and rl is much more important (ye u can even make airrockets!! harr).

Statistically I'd say our topplayer play with a fov below 120 especially due the fact that the game is slower, and minigun aiming is improved on that fov.

Personally I prefer my fov 120 just cos I started playing with that and I am so used to it, I can't play with 90-100 anymore

any advantage in terms of fps making it bigger or smaller?

if fov above 100 make's it slow i suppose it give more stabilaty on the fps right?

me usually uses fov 110 while playin, but on top of siegetower i switch to fov 80 to kill ppl jumpin in middletower, cuz my aiming is bad on distances :rolleyes:

adding on to what lenny said about increased FOV, its handy in some places in maps so u can see two doors at the same time, instead of changing ur view a little bit, switching between the two.