Forums and irc were down?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I was already madly looking at my router but I wasn't alone it seems:P

[17:39:38] -Global- [doh] IRC + forums + league site will shut down in 10 minutes for a server reboot

The server is down on average something like 10 minutes in 60 days. Jezzz, how much do you expect for nothing? Professional hosting companies have worse uptime statistics then we do.

The server is down on average something like 10 minutes in 60 days. Jezzz, how much do you expect for nothing? Professional hosting companies have worse uptime statistics then we do.

I expect several beers for free a day atleast.

They could be exploited by malicious, local users to cause denial of service attacks, disclose potentially sensitive information, or gain "root" privileges, according to security experts.

I don't have local users except one which is limited to 2 IP's only and root of course. In PLD distribution which i'm using you can't just login as root because you need to login as local user first and then if he has enough priviledges relog into root.

mySQL and PHP are updated + PHP is in safe mode. All ports except 21,22, 53 and 80 are locked.

Firewall will ban your IP after 3 failed login attempts.

I'm not really worried about this machine.

Apache + php is a local user, MySQL is a local user.. Any flaw in any php script allowing the user shell access, will potentially allow them root access with this exploit. And you know of a good example of standard software that has had this type of exploits before. Its not uncommon.

Because uta is never down I was getting scared a bit.
I always use uta forums as a test site to see if internet is up :P (it always loads instantly)

wtf. I see UTA down quite often as a matter of fact, around 1 GMT sometimes. Forums/site and sometimes IRC go down :x

Apache + php is a local user, MySQL is a local user.. Any flaw in any php script allowing the user shell access, will potentially allow them root access with this exploit. And you know of a good example of standard software that has had this type of exploits before. Its not uncommon.

I don't entirely know what you're saying, but anytime you're using such big words in conjunction with words like "exploit" it sounds dangerous. Don't tell Psy!