Forum upgrade to vB3 gamma

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
Things i noticed:
  • Buttons are blurry but i bet you noticed that :D
  • sometimes when a thread is loaded and it is still loading and you scroll down, you see the same lines 100 times, it kinda gets stuck. when loading is complete its back to normal again (didnt happen quite some time now)
  • profiles shown above posts, are you considering putting them back to the left or keeping it like this?
  • parts of the page not loading sometimes, you can see them if you mark it with the mouse but it doesnt even mark properly, only up to a few characters at one time (see attached screenshot ... or not) :P also didnt happen again ever since i wrote this :D
  • attaching images doesnt work for me, file size and format is ok, but it says "upload failed.)" you say its fixed then its fixed ;)
I think the profiles will stay above, but I am unhappy with the current layout as I can't find anywhere to put the custom profile fields like System Info, Connection etc. There is a global option to use the old style post layout, however it still looks quite different.

There are still some issues with compatibility with browsers, some of the bugs down to the clients incorrect rendering things - so I am told. Couple of fixes I do need to apply, however www.vbulletin.com is down for me :|

There is a global option to use the old style post layout, however it still looks quite different.
is that for everyone or can you set that for yourself in the user CP?

Nephilim said:
is that for everyone or can you set that for yourself in the user CP?
Nah, it's not in the user cp :( The option is global (like this or classic side profile) to all forums, users and styles.

problem when the profiles are above the posts is (imo) that the reading gets disturbed a bit. with the old design you could just scroll down and read the next message and read all the text at once without having to skip the profiles inbetween. but i will get used to it :D

Ice said:
problem when the profiles are above the posts is (imo) that the reading gets disturbed a bit. with the old design you could just scroll down and read the next message and read all the text at once without having to skip the profiles inbetween. but i will get used to it :D
Yeah, it is weird. After a while the names become a good marker for when to start reading the new post. Been playing around with the styles to see how much potential it has in this mode. :redeye:

Humph said:
Can we PLEASE get the layout back like it was?
No.

But I have a solution.

Created a new custom profile option for you, in User CP > options > Thread display options you can select: Postbit alignment as either Top or Left. By default it is Top, change to Left and it is back to "normal". The legacy template needs some work to make it look similar.

And thats as close as it's going to get :]

/me luvvvvvvs Martz!
that postbit thing is just THE thing you needed to change now it looks near to perfect (with this style here :D)

is there anyway that we can have another button under the quick repy box that we can hit 2 reply rather than on the side of posts

cause usually i like 2 read the whole thread b4 replying incase some1s already made that comment reply

dunno if its feasable but would be handy

btw i think its coming on a treat seems responsive and easy 2 use

although dogs style leaves something 2 be desired :|

also where have the smileys gone ;)

Reactions: dog
Ðeadßoy said:
is there anyway that we can have another button under the quick repy box that we can hit 2 reply rather than on the side of posts

cause usually i like 2 read the whole thread b4 replying incase some1s already made that comment reply
There is a generic reply button above the quick reply box, on the left. Is this what you mean? I think it was on the rightr before so maybe you have missed it...

Ðeadßoy said:
also where have the smileys gone ;)
Which smilies? You should have a box to the right with clickable smilies, and a [More] link. If your using the WYSIWYG editor then the option to get more smilies (used to be the last link) isn't there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.