Forum contributions - URGENT!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1) FiN - wanna contact me? i will also tell the other aak n00bs about this and maybe we can get some money from us german fags.
Proph - would you be so kind and transfer that money for us then?

2) Those leagueprizes sound nice too but would they be likely to become reality?
So if there's some spare money -> Martz and Phear should be given some bucks back imo.
Or save the money like martz said? Maybe even on a bankaccount where they give us some erm... "zinsen" (interest?) ?

3) Can't we cut back the traffic a bit? tbh i don't think that pix in sigs are necessary and (don't slag me) the chitchat-forum could really be cut down a bit. a postlimit of 2 posts in a row and max. 2 per minute manybe? if you think about it, the huge spams are no vital things for the league to keep running smoothly. and i got the impression that a major part of the traffic is produced in the chitchat forum.

possible, that i missed something and point 3 becomes invalid.
1) and 2) stay tho.

1) FiN - wanna contact me? i will also tell the other aak n00bs about this and maybe we can get some money from us german fags.

Nice idea, any help in obtaining money from those who don't have the capability to send it themselves is well appreciated

2) Those leagueprizes sound nice too but would they be likely to become reality?
So if there's some spare money -> Martz and Phear should be given some bucks back imo.
Or save the money like martz said? Maybe even on a bankaccount where they give us some erm... "zinsen" (interest?) ?

The money is already going directly into an mini-ISA account, this gains 6% tax free interests which is about the best rate you can get within the UK without having to use a full ISA and open yourself to risk on the stock market. This interest is added monthly and just goes directly back into the fund :D

3) Can't we cut back the traffic a bit? tbh i don't think that pix in sigs are necessary and (don't slag me) the chitchat-forum could really be cut down a bit. a postlimit of 2 posts in a row and max. 2 per minute manybe? if you think about it, the huge spams are no vital things for the league to keep running smoothly. and i got the impression that a major part of the traffic is produced in the chitchat forum.

Pics in sigs arent allowed afaik, and I agree they shouldnt be. Far too much bandwidth for no reason. The majority of bandwidth use in actually in the clan forums, although chit chat does use a bit too. I'd rather not have to cut down on anything though, what we have now is a nice level and to cut down would, although not lose anything important, lose some of the atmosphere we have here :) Likewise, I dont want to increase any more though as the costs will soon mount up - if it looks like we ar in danger of breaching our limit we will have to look at cutting down a bit, but not till then :D

Originally posted by Spirit
The money is already going directly into an mini-ISA account, this gains 6% tax free interests which is about the best rate you can get within the UK without having to use a full ISA and open yourself to risk on the stock market. This interest is added monthly and just goes directly back into the fund :D
Jeez, give money to an accountant and he doesnt just "hold on to it" he bloody invests it :nono:

Nice job Dave ;)

We cleaned ourselves out with a small show of gratitude to Martz, but when things get a little flusher, we will make another show of gratitude to our treasurer :)

okido spirit
gonna distribute the link to this thread a bit more.

about the pix: yeah i meant -> I wouldn't wanna enable them.

Originally posted by Hardcore
sure, np. just catch me up on icq or somewhere else ;)

I like attaching pictures etc (along with lots of other people), I know it uses up a fair amount of space and bandwidth but I feel that if you get rid of it will kill some of the laughs we have. How about downing the attachment size from 150k to 120k or even 100k? That way we dont loose out on a good feature plus you gain also?

Avatars - how about blocking GIF animated avatars butg keep the bog standard static ones? Again this would save space and bandwith but would not cause too much ruptions.

I hope neither of these features are removed completely as it would make the forums "duller".

Anyway, theres my 2p worth!

i think they are talking about NOT enabling pictures in signatures, which have nothing to do with attachments..

Yeah Doh is right, we are only talking about keeping pictures in signatures disabled, but still allowing the ability to attach pictures etc :D

Finally, I found someone to collect money, my money will arrive with p00f's next contribution as long as he doesnt waste it on a late night beer session :P

hi m8s i have some good news

i have found a forum place

unlimited transfer
unlimited webspace
and we must pay no money for it

Originally posted by Leo
i talk whit martz for rest and he can tell it in englsih

well, martz doesn't respond :\

but the space is still there, hosted by www.NGZ-Server.de
*unlimited space
*unlimited traffic
*php+MySQL-DB

only requirement: include one banner, be a community, not just a filebase

Sorry, been V busy with RL stuff.

We can do a test setup with the forums database at some point in the future. If you'd like to ICQ me the details, and we'll get an old version of the forums up and running on a seperate domain to see how it goes from a performance point of view.

If you could do that, I'd appreciate it. :D

Appologies for not getting back to you.

Originally posted by [Cratos]
but the space is still there, hosted by www.NGZ-Server.de
*unlimited space
*unlimited traffic
*php+MySQL-DB

only requirement: include one banner, be a community, not just a filebase
i cant find any information about this on the ngz page?! :rolleyes:

it sounds too good to be true...