Forum contributions - URGENT!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I dont have a regular big inflow of money but it would be an honour for me to contribute some. If your German, have a credit card and will contribute, let me know and Ill transfer some money.

Be honest ffs Spirit. The money's for your sex-change op innit?

I'll send some as soon as I figure out how Paypal works fs.

Why not just be a eunuch btw? Much easier.

Originally posted by {24}Useless
Be honest ffs Spirit. The money's for your sex-change op innit?

I'll send some as soon as I figure out how Paypal works fs.

Why not just be a eunuch btw? Much easier.

Well, it's for both - I need somewhere to post the 'before and after' pictures as well :p:

Big :thumb: to everyone who has contributed so far, things are starting to look pretty reasonable and I can assure you the forums wil be around for a long time yet :)

what's the plan if theres a lot left over..

a good server? giant bronze munkz statue?

or the ultimate...

images in signatures enabled! :nerd:

I'd suggest we first get as much money as needed to keep it going for at least 1 year. if we do get a significant ammount of money more than that, we could pay back some to martin ? :P

or enable imgs in sigs, which would be cool if the dimensions were limited.(remember tek's ezboard sig anyone?)

could have league prizes with the remainder or buy a trophy or smin with a little bit of it iunno

Well having money 'left over' is a bit of a false phrase really - as the cost of the forums is ongoing we will inevitably run out of money at some point. The invoice that I have already paid was actually 2 months overdue already, so there will be a further invoice coming out to me in under a month. In light of that, to keep the forums running for a year we will need £540. Thanks to a few large donations along with all the smaller ones, that figure is not a problem at all, however there are still further costs to consider if there is any money left over.

Firstly there is the cost of Phear's server that the league is hosted on - there are a few options we need to explore to get rid of this cost, however there is best part of a year left on the lease still at about the same cost as the forums. Likewise a new server would cost the same, and Digifrag is already being paid out for!

Any one of these costs will require another £540 to run them for a year and the chances of us getting over £1k are pretty slim. It would be a bit pointless to buy a new league server knowing we could not keep it for more than say, 6 months. Paying for Digifrag from these contributions is not really an option as its not as fair on those who dont play instagib. There is the benefit of the strain being taken off the league servers however that isnt enough to justify using these funds for that cost.

Giving Fartz back some money is a nice idea though ;) Anyway, lets wait and see what the final figure is before we try and decide what to do with it! :D

I vote for a giant (polished) bronze munkz statue.

I would like to see the donations go towards powering the forums - and provding a buffer to pay for excessive bandwidth costs if the forums go over their allocation. (Charged at £4 per 1GB, so going 10gb over our allocation costs £40!). Excess funds would be good to cover these nasty hidden costs.

Phears RaQ server is no problem I don't think - as the forums server could easily cope with the utassault.net site on it as well. My RaQ server (the same as Phils, hosts infinitegames.co.uk and also the downloads mirror) - the elase is up in November. Reimbursing Phil is something to consider as he paied a load of dosh for the RaQ for 3 years. I got mine free =D

I don't expect anything back from the donations - the money I have put in, in the past, is my contribution.

Enabling forum sigs would be a disaster at this stage I think - again this is something which vB3 will sort out - if they ever fucking release it.