Forts Of Time Volume 1 map pack released!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pinhead was just voicing his/her opinion. Thats OK, good to hear them. The author comments may have been a little personal, but if you guys have something to say, please do. :cool:

There are many poor quality maps out there. We wanted to give something better than the average map. The gameplay in the assault maps are not your basic layout. It will take a few times. I feel if people would give them a chance you might find them worth picking back up. We would like to of had them work for your league, but figured they may not.

I think you all have a great place here. Good to have people still playing the old UT. So you are all tops in my book!
:mosher:

Don't worry about it too much. The majority of mappers who actually know how AS is played fail to make a usuable league map most of the time. All u have to do is keep the 6v6 format in mind and not worry about launch possibilities too much. The more launch possibilities u 'build in' the shitter the map tends to get.

On the map at hand, OceanRunner. The sound file has been correctly saved. There is no way to check all systems for compatibility. I have no way to test this either. I took out that sound and a few others, and saved to 8 bit mono instead of 16 mono. If our pack leader doesn't care? Maybe you can test the one I've fixed, HeadCase??

Sure thats no problem. If you pm a link to download it that would be fine.

Time to move on. I really hate to do updates. It would cause all kinds of problems. OR has it's share of problems, but it works for most. I wished it worked for everyone.

I'll be sure to stop by if I do another AS-Map

Thanks for your help guys. :mosher: