Feedback required: New reply speed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Is new reply slow or slowing down?

• Yes it is slower

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • No, it's fast for me!

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I don't know what you're talking about

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
It may just be my connection, but is anyone else finding it slow or slower than normal to post a reply?

Viewing is nice and fast, but new reply (not fast new reply) seem to take around 3-4 seconds.

Feedback appreciated.

Ta,
Martz

it's not your connection, i have the same delay since bout one week.

edit: but atm it seems to be normal again.

Might be worth adding a microtimer for a bit and output to the bottom of the page in a discrete manner.

Topbit:
Code:
<?php
$starttime = explode(' ', microtime());
$starttime = $starttime[1] + $starttime[0];

?>
Bottombit:
Code:
<?php

$mtime = explode(' ', microtime());
$totaltime = $mtime[0] + $mtime[1] - $starttime;
printf('Page loaded in %.3f seconds.', $totaltime);

?>

hmm strange .... secong reply gone really fast

Ok now i edit :)

My first reply was delayed as usual since 1-2 weeks but every next i'm posting now are "okish". Something has been changed, i'm pretty sury of it :P

sometimes happens, sometimes doesnt.

sometimes I even have to click the submit button twice or thrice :yawn:

haha, what do i have to do with this? :D

First reply to a new (visited) thread takes much longer then normal indeed.. when a 2nd reply to the same thread is made right after that then it's the normal speed most of the time.

just always use Quick Reply box at bottom of topic and it's alright! (Ive not looked at the normal reply page in ages)
edit: just got a timeout on this reply and it still got posted ;) lol

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with Post reply/Quick reply imo.. same problem anyway..

sobo said:
sometimes happens, sometimes doesnt.

sometimes I even have to click the submit button twice or thrice :yawn:

aye

smark said:
haha, what do i have to do with this? :D

First reply to a new (visited) thread takes much longer then normal indeed.. when a 2nd reply to the same thread is made right after that then it's the normal speed most of the time.

only thing that stops u is the time limit between posts :P

smark said:
when a 2nd reply to the same thread is made right after that then it's the normal speed most of the time.
oi guess i know why you spam...you just wanna do Martz a favour and "test" the replay button. nice1 :thumb: ;)