Fair?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Lex_Mortis

Not here
Sep 2, 2002
The Netherlands
Criminals have the right by law to get a free lawyer.

Innocent people need to have money/insurance before they get medical help.

Isn't that a bit odd?
I rather see free medical help and some possiblity to get a sbort-term loan from the government for a lawyer.
If you are indeed innocent the costs of the lawyer would be for the person/group/company/government that sued you, that way the loan will not be paid by the innocent person.
If you are indeed found guilty, you get the normaly penalty/punishment of course but you got that loan aswell... which is your own fault for being a poor cunt breaking the law.

I was gonna comment but im unclear to the situation here in the UK so I thought I'd wait till someone else replied :)

Lex_Mortis said:
Criminals have the right by law to get a free lawyer.

I don't really understand this either. Which countries justice system are we talking about? Surely you must be classed as innocent until proven guilty - and then you're a criminal once convicted.

Or are we talking about someone who has already been found guilty of something, and doesn't have to pay fees. Whereas if you are found innocent you do have to pay fees? :confused:

I can't really see the connection, because like Martz said until they are proven to be guilty, criminals are innocent people aswell.

Is it like that in the Netherlands? Would mean that if you get injured really bad they don't help you before they know your name.

i am from the netherlands and tbh i aint too familiar with both examples (luckily).

you do get help but if they find out you are not insured they will just send you the bill.( i think)
but of course medical insurance is something which you MUST have ( can be wrong there but i thought it was illegal not to be insured).

As for the lawyer thingie, if you can not afford one , one will be appointed to you by the state.
So called pro bono lawyers, most of the times you get a junior lawyer who just passed the bar