Extended HUD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Thuringwethil said:
Exactly. What a fucking waste of nice monitors if you only use 800x600.

Higher rez also lets you see more of the game world at once, and gives you a wider field of view without needing to fart about distorting your view with FOV to achieve the same effect...

Changing resolution does not affect wideness of view. However, higher resolution gives more detail to small-drawn (read: far away) objects. But resolution does not have any effect to FOV as it is just the angle of the lense of the camera. "Resolution" here is the resolution of the image that comes from this camera.

So you get to see more of the game world, yes. Only not in a sense of wider view, but in a sense of how far you see in detail.

800x600 owns and thats from a man with a 21 incher, though will try higher res when get fast graphics card but iam happy with 800x600

What kooma said. The impression is that your view is wider but it's just because your hud etc is smaller...
You can configure your hud smaller at any res...

Oh and I use 800x600 cause my g card is crap at higher res. :angel:

lol i have now started using 1280x1024 and tbh its ok dunno why i havent been usin it, I have a mouse sense of 4.40,i feel this to be the best setting as i have tried higher and lower. but after all this u Cant change the font sizes :P