Event sounds (SCREAM!!!!)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

$kunk\\'eeD

\\'o0F! Fookin \\'o0F!
Nov 28, 2001
Shropshire-UK
Has any one ever come across this.

When online with a new computer and install of XP Pro I sometimes get a sound that plays.

The first sound is a baby laffing in a baby way (human btw)
the other sound is a Fooking annoying scream that blows yr ears off!

I know that basically they are warnings about internet shit like a cookie or whatevevr and if I set me privacy etc to maximum they won't play. But I don't wan't maximum secruity I can't remember me own passwords ffs. ;)

I cant find the (WAV((?))) files that are these sound effects any where on my computer. I don't run Anti virus software or pop up blockers so It's not that. I have complete controll ( I think ;) ) over the background apps that run. I don't install shit that runs in my memory every time I boot up. When this kinda shit installs itself I remove it. But this computer is brand new and has done it ever since I first poped in the cpu and turned it on.

What is it? Riddle me that.

Thanks in advance.
Hoping ya can help?
cheers.

$kunk\\'eeD said:
I don't run Anti virus software or pop up blockers so It's not that.

That may be your problem .... either a virus, or more likely a bit of evil spyware stuff.

Try running adaware, see if it finds anything (other than just cookies)
www.lavasoftusa.com

Or install some AV and scan your PC.

We have found it doesnt always get everything, but it is a damn good start

Cool I feel like a proper noob now ;)

It looks like it was spyware adware Datamining antics ;)

The sounds were stored in my IE6 cache! I think ;)

Kisses Jenni ;) ty.

Hello Pro Pain m8 ;)

might i add that msn 6.2 really blows (cos i hate msn) but it has an excellent popup stopper.
might reduce popups and spyware while browsing x-rated materials and warez sites

edit > hello m8 :D

I just ran ADWARE and deleted every thing that came up in the scan.
then seconds later its like:

SCREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAMMM!

again like it was mocking me ;)

Try HijackThis.

Adaware is good, but doesnt get everything.

HijackThis should hopefully get things not picked up by adaware.

$kunk\\'eeD said:
Has any one ever come across this.

When online with a new computer and install of XP Pro I sometimes get a sound that plays.

The first sound is a baby laffing in a baby way (human btw)
the other sound is a Fooking annoying scream that blows yr ears off!

I know that basically they are warnings about internet shit like a cookie or whatevevr and if I set me privacy etc to maximum they won't play. But I don't wan't maximum secruity I can't remember me own passwords ffs. ;)

I cant find the (WAV((?))) files that are these sound effects any where on my computer. I don't run Anti virus software or pop up blockers so It's not that. I have complete controll ( I think ;) ) over the background apps that run. I don't install shit that runs in my memory every time I boot up. When this kinda shit installs itself I remove it. But this computer is brand new and has done it ever since I first poped in the cpu and turned it on.

What is it? Riddle me that.

Thanks in advance.
Hoping ya can help?
cheers.

Hi weed;)
As PP already said : Try out ad-aware.

For a (free) virusscan you can do it online aswell. (Saves you the hassle downloading installing and blalbal.)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Just select your region and click Scan:).

Ps. You CAN'T remove the virusses with that 'scan', scanning only.

Oh maybe you can remove the sounds manually.
Browse to this directory and open MMSYS.Cpl (xp pro)
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mmsys.cpl

Now go to the tab "Sounds". Maybe you can find them there.