Eve of Destruction ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ðeadßoy

Son!c Reducer
Apr 9, 2002
Dead End Street
Have "they" got the excuse they are looking for to go in early

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Tuesday that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.

"Iran has joined countries with nuclear technology," he said.

The U.N. Security Council has demanded that Iran stop all uranium enrichment activity by April 28. Iran has rejected the demand, saying it has a right to develop the process.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4900260.stm

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/11/iran.nuclear.ap/index.html

and if so is Iran laying down a challenge to them as they have before with the petroeuro against the petrodollar

08/08/05 "MM" -- -- Contemporary warfare has traditionally involved underlying conflicts regarding economics and resources. Today these intertwined conflicts also involve international currencies, and thus increased complexity. Current geopolitical tensions between the United States and Iran extend beyond the publicly stated concerns regarding Iran's nuclear intentions, and likely include a proposed Iranian "petroeuro" system for oil trade. Similar to the Iraq war, military operations against Iran relate to the macroeconomics of 'petrodollar recycling' and the unpublicized but real challenge to U.S. dollar supremacy from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=petrodollar&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

This has DISASTER written all over it to me

we "supposedly" went into Iraq just on the assumption that Hussein had WMD

is there more to this story than we're being told

Why havent "they" blown this regime off the face of the earth yet?

Could it be that "they" KNOW he already has nukes?

Is there something bigger in the works involving Israel?

and lets not forget

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4381436.stm

they now have an overview of any troop movements cause of course its got cameras

and of course

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3716490.stm

if you read about the Iranian president he seems a very strange person to say the least

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ran14.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/01/14/ixworld.htm

now the way i see it is if "they" bomb Iran then "their" and "our" troops are within range of their rockets

also the fuel situation could spiral out of controll

sorry its so disjointed but im stoned and rambling but im sure u get the gist of what im getting at

still im sure it will all shown over and over again and again and again and again on sky news but lets not get started on murdoch in this thread

EVE OF DESTRUCTION LYRICS

The Eastern World
It is explodin'
Violence flarin'
Bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill
But not for votin'
You don't believe in war
But what's that gun you're totin'
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin'

But you tell me over, and over, and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

Don't you understand what I'm tryin' to say
And can't you feel the fears I'm feelin' today
If the button is pushed, there's no runnin' away
There'll be no one to save
With the whole world in a grave
Take a look around you boy,
It's bound to scare you boy

And you tell me over, and over, and over again my friend

Yeah, my blood's so mad
Feels like coagulatin'
I'm sittin' here, just contemplatin'
I can't twist the truth
It knows no regulation
Handful of senators don't pass legislation
And marches alone can't bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin'
This whole crazy world
Is just too frustratin'

And you tell me over, and over, and over again my friend

And think of all the hate there is in Red China
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama
Ah you may leave here for four days in space
But when you return it's the same old place
The poundin' of the drums
The pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don't leave a trace
Hate your next door neighbor, but don't forget to say grace

But you tell me over, and over, and over, and over again my friend
You don't believe we're on the eve of destruction
No, no, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

P F Sloan 1965​

times dont change much do they

As DB mentioned - it's not about, and has never been about, stealing oil.

It's about how the US$ (currency) will devalue if Middle Eastern countries start trading in Euros instead of US$. And Guess what Saddam Hussein was planning on doing just before he had his country invaded?

In November 2000 Saddam Hussein demanded Euros for his oil. His arrogance was a threat to the dollar; his lack of any military might was never a threat. At the first cabinet meeting with the new administration in 2001, as reported by Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill, the major topic was how we would get rid of Saddam Hussein-- though there was no evidence whatsoever he posed a threat to us.
[Source] The End of Dollar Hegemony

Iran has made a good move by trying to start communications with the US. The US is now being seen in a bad light by disregarding the letter and shouting its mouth off even louder. The

These actions by these goverments make me incredibly angry, and It's not even my country thats being threatened or invaded. Imagine how much anger and hatred you would have if you were Iraqi, Iranian or any other smaller less sophisticated country that was being bullied by the richest, most stupid and least ethically sound country on earth - into making deals which weren't in your financial interest or were unsound economically.

Uh oh.. watch out.. here comes a rant!

Why anyone would believe our goverments about another country being the baddy, when it is one which is neighbouring with Iraq and is completely desimated, on fire and in a state of ruin and near civil war.
We've spent millions/billions of $ on this way to stablise the US.

I also do realise that there is a threat from terrorism, in its forms, and there always will be - just the label we give them will change. We can't hide from it, or protect ourselves any better than at the moment. So stop wasting our hard earned, tax payers money. Stop fighting wars in other countries and start improving our own domestic positions and tackling our own issues and problems. Then we can start on the rest of the world problems in the following order:
Lack of water
- 40% of the worlds population doesnt have access to clean water or sanitisation.
Medicine
- intellectual property rights (patents, copyright, trademarks, etc) from countries like the USA are forced onto other smaller third world countries making it illegal for anti HIV/cancer drugs etc to be developed locally. In return the smaller third world countyry will get AID/donations/charity etc. Now the third world country has to buy licenced drugs from the USA at USA at incredibly inflated prices that nobody can afford - especially the ill and sick. We are actively killing people to make more profits.
Education - the UK has donated $170 million to educate children world wide. Still - it would make sense if they weren't starving to death or dehydrating before we try and educate them. Priorities?

Then other miscellaneous problems such as terrorism, people trafficing, murder, rape, abduction, fruitloops armed to the teeth with guns etc.

And to those who think I am a naive hippy who wants world peace, or that I'm barking up the wrong tree because all goverments are corrupt and will spend any aid or charitable donations on something else illegally - I suggest to you that you propose another way to change the lives of millions of people for a relatively small amount of money. And consider yourself, your life, your lifestyle and how easy life is for you and the luxeries you have around you. You wouldn't be singing the same tune if you lived in a mud hut, had to walk 15 miles to get water (fighting hundreds of other people for dirty stagnant water) just to sustain your life.

Electricity, the internet and UT would all seem like distant dreams and the ultimate in paradise.

starting to look like the cold war , they have nukes, we have nukes. Whoever shoots one first will get 5 in return.