European constitution

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ppl seem to be confusing NO with ' i don't want a united europe' This is a big misunderstanding. Most ppl here will vote NO against THIS constitution. I think they should vote no against the upcoming one, create a better one and then I will vote yes. If this one fails politicians are forced to come up with a better one, sure it might take longer but i would rather enjoy a divided europe for a bit longer than saying yes to a constitution which will make it a french-german-uk worldpower instead of a european worldpower.

Hmm i guess im one of those "stupid sun readers" then as i dont think uk should ever become a part of europe it's bad as it is now but the further the worse it will go..

UK is a strong and thriving nation even with all the problems we have ( SEVERE immigration problems ) we have more immigrants in parts of england than english people but we still manage to do well in the world. I dont personally thing we should join europe and help them anymore. We've imo done enough in the past and now it's time for european countries to stand up and work hard for there countries.

Paa` said:
Hmm i guess im one of those "stupid sun readers" then as i dont think uk should ever become a part of europe it's bad as it is now but the further the worse it will go..

UK is a strong and thriving nation even with all the problems we have ( SEVERE immigration problems ) we have more immigrants in parts of england than english people but we still manage to do well in the world. I dont personally thing we should join europe and help them anymore. We've imo done enough in the past and now it's time for european countries to stand up and work hard for there countries.
Some points.

1) The UK *IS* a part of Europe. Get Over It.

2) The UK is *NOT* a Strong, or Thriving nation. It's an also ran, a has been, and to be blunt about it, it's xenophobic attitudes like the one you are displaying here that are to blame. Like it or not, this is a global economy, an open world with fewer and fewer boundaries. You can't live in your little village and never see someone who isn't "from round these parts" anymore.

3) The only place where there are more immigrants than english people is in Scotland or Wales. And even then, not really. Nice job on swapping "UK" for "English" there, by the way.

4) Help them "any more"? Precisely what have we done to help them so far? And so help me, if you bring up world war 2 here...

5) "stand up and work for themselves". Just, OH MY GOD. Do you have any clue just how SHIT Britain's productivity is?

Do you actually understand that Britain's workforce is some of the worst, uneducated, laziest, unproductive people in the world?

Seriously Paa, you have your own vote, but that post is just full of some of the most embarrasing stereotypes about "en-ger-land" and it's attitude to anyone else that it's barfworthy.

Fact remains england is doing well and europe is'nt maybe they made a bad choice over the euro, some europeans who posted here even seem to think so.

The whole idea from the start was a bad one and it's cost everyone alot of money.

even with this > "Britain's workforce is some of the worst, uneducated, laziest, unproductive"

were still managing to keep our nation going and it does'nt seem to or ever seem to be getting worse only better.

In a few years when certain thing's come to pass england will have even more money coming in and i dont want to see that going to help europe anymore.

uk has spent ALOT of time/effort/money in the past 150 years to get where we are we've also lost alot through wars ( yes ill mention it ), we've lost million's? of people to wars in europe in the past 150 years and it's time we "closed our doors" and worked on our OWN nation first.

Health and education is pretty poor here yet we send BILLIONS to african countries each year.

maybe now we have done enough and should start looking back at our own problems instead of others.

Hmm, I remember seeing a, *cough cough*, Clarkson show that said that Britain expends as much cash to the EU as Spain spent on it's new road system. I also remember seeing a few articles written around christmas time which it seems as though the UK's overall outlay to the EU is never recouped.

Therefore can you really say we are creating a super-power, or are simply giving leg ups to old dictatorships?

Wasn't there talk years ago about a EU rebate. which the EU even said should be split up and divided?

Well france alredy voted no so this is a good thing.

Because im going to vote no aswell for the euro constitution just hope when most ppl vote no the goverment is going to vote no aswell.
Now that France vote no the Netherlands wont stand alone against the euro constitution.

If there is going to be one Euro i have no problem with it but i have read most part of the euro constitution and it is more then 300 pages and there needs to be made a better one then the one they have now.

The Netherlands contributes the most to all Euro shit of all countries who are in it. And that is just wrong.

Last edited:
did some readin on the constitution and maybe its not as bad as it sounds
atm i would prolly still vote no but i am deffo getting more info on this topic

It might still be bad but for europe to grow we need to look further than just our own culture, creating a collective european culture might prevent all the petty wars we have in europe. Too many ppl think that introducing this constitution will take away our culture and our beliefs

I would vote no, my family plans to vote no, nuff said. There is no reason for its existance at all.

foxy said:
united europe...germany is biggest member with strongest economy...sounds dangerous to me lol

:P

i just want the same currency for all european countries, this united europe thing i don't like at all.

europe is fucked up ??? LOL why don't you take a look at random continent and see how things shape up there?
Ok i agree things are not that bad in australia but every other place on earth has bigger problems then we do.

btw big thumbs up to tony blair for that africa project he started, always thought he was a bit of a cunt but this redeems him completely. Bout time we do something about the less fortunate instead of wasting it on creating a unified europe.

Did you see that about the UK rebate we get?

3 billion a year off our EU bill

if we did'nt have this rebate we would be the single biggest contributor to the EU even with a 3 billion rebate were second only to germany..

and all that shit about french farmers receiving 40% of all eu agricultura payouts..

I think the eu is falling apart and the french are causing alot of these problems it seem's some countries are too lazy too work for themselves and prefer to live on handouts..

say what you like about UK but we have the longest working hours per week than any other EU country.

when i was 17 i was working 65 hours a week minimum i did that for most of a year, But ive cut my hours down now to 47 but i still think that's above the rest of europe's average..

Paa` said:

if we did'nt have this rebate we would be the single biggest contributor to the EU even with a 3 billion rebate were second only to germany..

and all that shit about french farmers receiving 40% of all eu agricultura payouts..

I think the eu is falling apart and the french are causing alot of these problems it seem's some countries are too lazy too work for themselves and prefer to live on handouts..

say what you like about UK but we have the longest working hours per week than any other EU country.

when i was 17 i was working 65 hours a week minimum i did that for most of a year, But ive cut my hours down now to 47 but i still think that's above the rest of europe's average..
47 is still way over EU average

65 hours a week is just silly, not worth keeping the job :) Id also say you would be in a minority working this many, and at 17 u must have been mad.

47 is indeed still over the average, but its doable i guess (never tried tbh :P )

Im working 36-37 atm :lol: :D

In all honesty i dont know much about the european consitution, but i do think that the UK should be part of the EU.

I think i would rather live in certain european countries tbh, mainly for personal reasons but also because in certain places the standard of living is better (scandanavia for example) and the ppl in general much nicer :)

Last edited:
ProPain said:
It might still be bad but for europe to grow ... we need to look further than just our own culture,

Does Europe need to grow? If I was you lot I would be concerned about 70 million Turks with a relatively low GDP (per capita) being successful in negotiations, Copenhagen Criteria or not. In terms of spending, thats a large chunk of people gonna need a large chunk of money.

GDP's btw http://globalis.gvu.unu.edu/indicator.cfm?IndicatorID=19&country=TR#rowTR

Paa` said:

and all that shit about french farmers receiving 40% of all eu agricultura payouts....

you read the sun & tory papers too much

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/europe/04/money/html/who_pays_what.stm

Paa` said:

they dont have to pay over £100000 for a one bed rabbit hutch with a matchbox sized patch of grass

if u have to work that long to survive get a better paying job