DVI vs VGA

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
I got a new monitor (samsung syncmaster) but I can connect it through DVI or VGA.
What would you recommend ?
I dont know the difference so explain it abit aswell plx :P

dvi provides a better image quality, so it's adviceable to use it.

All modern GFX cards and modern TFTs have thos plugs.

Yeah I got 2 dvi plugs on my gfx card and 1 on my sweet-ass monitor . Gonna try it tonight :)
Also I need some nice backgrounds! LInk plx! :P

Yes but I ment nice backgrounds with high resolution and loads to choose from. I'm gonna try googling but if I download a keylogger you are responsible Bart!:P

Yes, on VGA everything looked weird lol. gogo DVI!
Btw, If I manage to get my old 19' inch working again, would it work in dual screen (One monitor in VGA and the other in DVI?)

Btw Bart I did Crysis in native (1680 x 1050) And I was totally stunned. It worked without lag and I got blown away by graphics. Syncmaster 2253BW I got now ;> Also didn't notice any dead pixels (did the dead/stuck pixel tester) And I didnt see any ghosting yet.

Btw Bart I did Crysis in native (1680 x 1050) And I was totally stunned. It worked without lag and I got blown away by graphics. Syncmaster 2253BW I got now ;> Also didn't notice any dead pixels (did the dead/stuck pixel tester) And I didnt see any ghosting yet.

nice.

do you run Crysis in Dx10 (Vista) or in Dx9 (XP)? The DX10-mode slowing the game down.

Dx10 Vista. But I haven't tried the tense combat situations yet (Started from the begin, but the jump from the airplane was without any lag and I didnt see input lag on the screen either xD)

Dx10 Vista. But I haven't tried the tense combat situations yet (Started from the begin, but the jump from the airplane was without any lag and I didnt see input lag on the screen either xD)
Oh okay.
i'm almost sure you'll see a huge FPS dropdown when you firstly play at the beach during daylight when you've to fight.