Donation drive

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well can the germans do the same as the dutch servers with gotica..

eg paying server 7 directly?

or sending with more people money at once (like 3 or 4 people send the money to one who will pay the combined amount, then you can split the costs aswell)

<< Dutch version below >>

For dutch ppl who hate paypal, I'm fine with ppl paying towards ut-assaults latest invoice directly by bank-transfer. Just transfer any desired amount (at least &euro;10,00) to Dutch bank account (Rabobank) 38.51.34.630 on behalf of Gothica, Groningen and please DO STATE utassault and your forum nickname in the transfer-description so you will actually become known as one of uta's benefactors.

<< The end of the world starts here >>

Voor iedereen zonder paypal, maar die wel graag een steentje bij wil dragen aan zijn/haar community (lees: UT-Assault), kunnen wij, Gothica.nl een oplossing bieden. Jullie kunnen ook rechtstreeks vanaf je nederlandse bankrekening geld overmaken. Als je geld overmaakt (minimaal &euro;10,00) naar Rabo rekening 38.51.34.630 tnv Gothica te Groningen brengen wij je betaling meteen in mindering op de eerstvolgende factuur voor UTA. Vermeld wel in de omschrijving utassault + je forum nickname, zodat Martz ook weet wie er allemaal doneren en je dus de eer krijgt die je verdient.

I think all continental bank charges are small between other countries (like Ger/nl) , its just the UK banks that charge stupid amounts, which is about to change i read in the papers. Anyway read kips post if ur dutch.

I think all continental bank charges are small between other countries (like Ger/nl) , its just the UK banks that charge stupid amounts, which is about to change i read in the papers. Anyway read kips post if ur dutch.

What, going up again, you mean?

I got charged £26 by Royal Bank Of Scotland because I went 2p into the red for one day (a direct debit I had forgotten about). Having charged me that ludicrous amount for something so small, they then charged me the SAME AMOUNT AGAIN for having been put to the trouble of charging me the first time. So they're charging me a second £26 because they shouldn't have had to charge me the first £26.

£52 in total, and this is while I was unemployed. So I went in and was spitting poison at the branch manager in front of all the other customers, which is probably the only reason they waived it 'as a token of generosity'. All this for 2p. Banks are absolute piss-takers and they have to change.

What, going up again, you mean?

I got charged £26 by Royal Bank Of Scotland because I went 2p into the red for one day (a direct debit I had forgotten about). Having charged me that ludicrous amount for something so small, they then charged me the SAME AMOUNT AGAIN for having been put to the trouble of charging me the first time. So they're charging me a second £26 because they shouldn't have had to charge me the first £26.

£52 in total, and this is while I was unemployed. So I went in and was spitting poison at the branch manager in front of all the other customers, which is probably the only reason they waived it 'as a token of generosity'. All this for 2p. Banks are absolute piss-takers and they have to change.

:eek:

Don't they have a European ruling in Brussels on this sort of shijt. Those prices are unheard of here in Holland.

yeah last time I heard about it, the EU passed a bill that would have all transfer costs abroad be as expensive as on domestic level. so a drastic reduction AFAIK (in germany its nearly for free I guess)

yeah last time I heard about it, the EU passed a bill that would have all transfer costs abroad be as expensive as on domestic level. so a drastic reduction AFAIK (in germany its nearly for free I guess)

It seems to be not more expensive than normal bank transfers for the purchaser in its own country.

Needed is like I was able to read it the so called EU transfer form. The form requires Euro.

Also you need to know the surname, first name and the firm as an option I guess.

An international Bank account (IBAN) and the international bank code number (BiC). Also the own IBAN and BIC.

Do you have experience with it?

you can apply for all bank charges back you know - i did and got all 1700 over the last 4 years. which was great as my wifes just had a baby. just ad up all yr charges into one figure and write to the bank saying I give you 14 days to pay back 'unlawfull' charges and they take you serious! Bankcharges are beleve it or not 'unlawful'...

It's not the fee itself thats unlawful but the amount they charge, as an inaccurate example a bank states it costs £25 to process a bounced check so they charge you this fee where infact its maybe £1-2 (figures made up, dont moan). Most banks in UK will just settle rather than go to court over it, however one bank recently did decide to go to court over £3-4000 of charges and won so maybe this will change in the future.

I still dont see how people can be claiming thousands of pounds of charges back, what the hell are you doing to get charged that much/often in the first place? :confused:

All people from an EU country having EURO currency can transfer money to our dutch bankaccount directly at very limited fee (do choose cost-option SHARED or BASIC or something like that however, ie, don't have us, nor have yourself take on all charges, that's the only way it's actually cheap :) ).

Full international details:

Bank account number: 38 51 34 630
SWIFT/BIC: RABONL2U
IBAN: NL51RABO0385134630

And as before, please use 'utassault - <your-forum-nickname>' as description.

It's not the fee itself thats unlawful but the amount they charge, as an inaccurate example a bank states it costs £25 to process a bounced check so they charge you this fee where infact its maybe £1-2 (figures made up, dont moan). Most banks in UK will just settle rather than go to court over it, however one bank recently did decide to go to court over £3-4000 of charges and won so maybe this will change in the future.

I still dont see how people can be claiming thousands of pounds of charges back, what the hell are you doing to get charged that much/often in the first place? :confused:

It was my buisness account (200,000 grand going through p,a)
which was forever going into the red, I successfully claimed all my charges back. I know 3 others who have had over 4000 quid back. My solicitor told me that he had recoverd 50,000 quid back for just 19 customers. cant imagin how much this is costing banks. Peanuts for banks these days. theyd rather carry on charges n settle out of court. making money on ppl who either cant be botherd OR dont know their rights. funny :hammer:

Last edited:
If its unlawful and you can claim it all back... how come they can charge you at all? How they could charge something which is unlawful?

it's a rule's bank... not one made by goverment's law... So when you say to them it's unlawful, you actually mean it's in conflict with the Finance Law or summat ;)

All people from an EU country having EURO currency can transfer money to our dutch bankaccount directly at very limited fee (do choose cost-option SHARED or BASIC or something like that however, ie, don't have us, nor have yourself take on all charges, that's the only way it's actually cheap :) ).

Full international details:

Bank account number: 38 51 34 630
SWIFT/BIC: RABONL2U
IBAN: NL51RABO0385134630

And as before, please use 'utassault - <your-forum-nickname>' as description.

I did it your way! :D

This is the way I prefer to do. Well done Kippenijzer. :)