DOM - Wolfsbay

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Maelstrom

X-Squad
Jun 26, 2001
Falkirk, Scotland
Right whos seen this domination map??? Bloody cool map i thought , and i had an idea that it would make a great part to an Assualt map. Unfortunatley though my mapping skills are completely non-exsistent, so i'm hoping someone will take my idea up.
Basically i thought that the hovercraft in this map would make an excellent escape vehicle for this map, and the map would go roughly like this......

1. Attackers are inserted to infiltrate a base.
2. Attackers blow something up.
3. Attackers make way to dock to escape.
4. Attackers board hovercraft and have to start engine in engine room
5. Attackers have to activate controls in cabin to escape.

Ok fair enough thats hardly a terribly descriptive idea for a map, but do ya' selves a favour go see this map and then come back here n' tell everyone that it is actually very cool and maybe, just maybe a guy/gal who's good at map stuff will be very nice and make it all come true :)

Er i just have it in my UT i have never downloaded a any other maps other than a AS 1, so if it's included in some other bonus pack it must either be 1 or 4 cause thats the only 2 i have on my pc.
May sound silly but try going to 'practice match' and see if it's in there , if not i'll hunt down how i got it.

it's in my default map list too..

Mael's idea sounds very nice.. but it will be a spam fest i'm afraid.. lots of tight area's.. but maybe multiple ways to attack..

Might be worth working out..

Yeah i'm not talkin about making a full map out of it but if all your doing is activating switches on the engine and bridge control panel , theres plenty ways in, and also it wouldn't take to long to complete if that was it :D
So would need someone to also come up with a base which at least 2/3's of the map would also be set in, i wouldn't mind helping anyone that thought they could do it?

how sounds good dont think i have it got to check it out long time since i look at my dom mapsalthoud got all the bonus packs i think ill check it great idea mael ;)

Mael i took a look at the map and its a good idae and with some widening and added bits and bobs it wouldnt be to much hard work to get an AS map out of it :)

Give us an ICQ and we can go over some ideas

and hopefully the Infinite team will come up with the goods

i dunno about anyone else but my framerate took a huge dive whenever i saw the water (ala siege)

no pun intended btw

While this may be out of topic completely, Dom has some nice maps in it, MetalDream is a great DM map aomng other. That is of course my opinion, I'm sure your varies from mine.

Nice opti you guys can make that a nice AS map slag :D

btw i've check it out the map and it's great :)