Digifrag iAS server bookable?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should the Digifrag iAS server be bookable?

• No - keep it public iAS 24/7

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Yes - but only for league matches

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Yes - matches and practice sessions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
I have had a couple of ppl suggest the same thing to me, so I thought I'd put it to the vote.

Atm digifrag iAS server is public 24/7 - the suggestion is to make it bookable for league matches but only for iAS - not stnd.

Bad point is that it may mean on some evenings it wont be available for public gameplay during peak hours. Good point is that it will take the strain off the other league servers, and will mean there is always a good server available for iAS matches ;)

Fire away :D

An additional thought here - those who have conbtributed towards the server will have preference on this subject. I think thats only fair.

If you have contributed and have strong views please post here and it will be taken into account :D

The person who made the largest contribution (and no thats not you Berand :p: ) has already expressed an interest in making it bookable for league matches only, but of course everyone's views will be taken into account :D

sounds like a great idea as its the best assualt server in the league at moment to play league games on it would be even better

but u have 1 problem dave and thats it being over booked i bet u find it being booked alot

Aye that’s possible :) Well, from the looks of the votes we won't be allowing it to be used for practices so they won't matter, and the other league servers will be available still so it won't all come to Digifrag.

And fbs, no not yet :p: Gotta wait to hear everyone's opinions, then if it goes ahead discuss with league admin how it is going to be implemented into the booking system :D

yea its the best server - 200 ping what else do you want?

a bit more generalising would be nice :thumb: just dont think of the others, you are the only thing that matters :)

was'nt just refering to me tho as i think psy posted his ping is better there and ANY english/dutch which is a vast amount of the community will ping great there..

ICE, it is the best server for a lot of people. T-Online have problems but that’s due to the fact they are possibly the worlds worst ISP, and other than 3 or 4 isolated incidents everyone else tells me it's FC :) Anywayz, Paa can't speak for everyone else cos he hasn't seen it from their pov, people can only voice their own opinion :rolleyes:

yes league matches 0wnage! finally a server which is decent!! i mean server 3 is best for insta and most ppl still get 100+ ping lol, maybe some fun games of insta now den :)

looks like it will be booked quite a bit yeh
which isnt that good thing after all imho, ppl cant count on digi all the time

tbh it was the first time i checked this server!!

I can say its a very nice server... so yeah would be cool if it is a league server + public :)

Attachments

• shot0031.jpg
    shot0031.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 112