Demomanager

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Axl_Rose

Whole lotta Rosie
Aug 30, 2004
Netherlands
I have a huge problem with my demomanager i use demomanager 3.0 beta i placed the files in the system i changed the line in the ini and i change it to record always always, but he aint recording ?
why not?

C:\Documents and Settings\axl \Mijn documenten\My Received Files\UnrealTournament\System

i made a map called DEMOS so it have to be C:\Documents and Settings\axl\Mijn documenten\My Received Files\UnrealTournament\System\DEMOS ????
:hangover:

no just in ur system folder, start UT go to Mod, press Demomanager and u can edit the settings :o. Why the hell would u edit the ini urself? just load op UT :]

Yeps...try to make I outside ut map..i did that and it worked after. Something like C://MijnDocumenten/Documents and Settings\axl\demos might work :o

Reactions: 1 person
erik m8 try changing ur demorecording device in ur UT.ini, cba giving u the exact lines after the demodevice lines, so ask in msn.

omg duh mod i know i need to set it in mod read again dirz:P i set it to always mod>demomanager and i already changed the line demorecordingdevice in my unrealtournament .ini

so dunno wtf im doing wrong :(

il send my ini file for demomanager 2morrow, try edting that. I remember i had the same prob for no apparent reason, i reinstalled it and it worked :confused:

here:

u will need to change the path (best to keep it simple), it will record multiplayer only, offline demos just crash my game. but the name format of the demos is quite good imo, u can easily sort the demos by date/time.

Attachments

• udemoini.zip
    682 bytes · Views: 38
Like Weirdo said, dont use any space in demoname or demo file path, UDEMO hates spaces... so what u can use is another folder or drive like this (and ensure this folder exists already or just create it):
Code:
C:\UTDEMOS or D:\GAMES\FPS\UTDEMOS are valid samples.

here are folders i use to record demos once in a while :
Code:
DemoPaths[0]=C:\Games\UnrealTournament\System\
DemoPaths[1]=C:\GAMES\Ut\Demos\new2003\
DemoPaths[2]=C:\GAMES\Ut\Demos\current\
DemoPaths[3]=C:\GAMES\Ut\Demos\internet\_a_trier\
DemoPaths[4]=N:\UTdemos\new2004\
RecordingDir=4

here is the name format i use for names (notice i changed spaces into underscore character "_"):
Format=0002005-popioul-2005%M%D_%L_%H-%O-%S

If UDEMO3 is still not working, try renaming udemo.ini as udemo_backup.ini, it will create a fresh new one at next UT start, fixes most mysterious problems.

Last edited: