Demomanager

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WildLee

~dzz~ Moderator
Mar 10, 2006
Europe/CZE/Brno
My UT works fine with my new laptop, but I have a problems with demomanager.

EDIT: One problem with openGL, It doesnt use Brightness settings. I have to always set it at start. (It is set correctly, but I have to reset it always on new to take effect.)

Surely this has been solved somewhere else, but I can´t dig in such a huge history of these forums :D.

When installed demomanager version 3,0 i didnt find out, how to start record. I think it has to be done throught the console, but can it be set up like record always? Also I had many crashes, when loading a new map.

When installed demomanager version 2,0, no crashes at all. (Summary - only 30 mins of playing)
However, It is not recording even through I have set recording to Always.

Noob needs help - anyone plz :)

Specs : IdeaPad Y570, Win7 Home Premium 64bit

I had that problem before Martin, try this:

in UnrealTournament.ini and search for
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]

just add these lines there:

GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.120000 (change this one until you get the brightness you want)

if it doens't work try to download the latest version of OpenGL.

about demomanager,
I have the 3.2 version and it works fine without any problem, try to get it and if you need help to set it recording just say somehting.
PS: link for download http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/udemo/udemo32/2009-05-20/udemo32_with_smartCTF4Dfix.rar

Last edited:
Demomanager troubles solved. Thx for the link :)

However, brightness still do the same. :D I ll reintall UT, coz It havent this problem yesterday. God knows what I messed up with these demomanagers.

A quick google when he mentioned brightness showed that range of laptops use nvidia cards, so assuming its not std ati bug.

btw, gonna post here to don't open a new thread, have you ever had trouble opening ut's screenshots?

I mean, there's no way I can see them, doesn't matter wich program I use...

for example,
I get this message when trying to open it with the windows photo viewer: "The windows photo viewer cannot open this image because this file does not support this image format, or do not have the latest updates to the photo viewer"

with Paint: "The Paint can not read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file or its format is not currently supported"

same thing with other programs.

I have spent some time looking for the same or similar problems already solved, but have not found one who could solve this one.

anyone has a clue of what can it be?

It is GeForce 555M, indeed Tiago.

After reinstalling UT, problem with brightnezs has disappeared. After few quits and opens, It re-appeared.

BTW I have the same problem Tiago, when using Sshot function in UT. Solution is simple : I am using Fraps for screenshots. :D (Even trial version can do that, If I am correct.)

Problem with brigtnezs is now showed with D3D 9 aswell, not only openGL.

Didnt get working d3d 10. Only black screen shows. (Np for me, I am feeling good with d3d 9 aswell.)

Last edited:
I had installed newest drivers for nvidia just earlier today, coz my HDMI connector was not working properly.

First link is propably damaged file, I can download, can´t open.

I am using file from Microsoft web. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Hmm, instalation complete, no actualization made. DirectX is up to date.
Nvidia drivers are up to date.

No progress. Brigtnezs still does the same. :(