Defending Freedom of Opinion, Speech and Press!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
The best way to end the whole cartoon affair would be for as many websites, blogs and papers in Europe just to publish the cartoons in an act of defiance to extremists.

mohammed1.jpg

a big fuzz about nothing.
They should calm down a bit in the middle instead of firing up up an allready big fire because of nothing

Ðeadßoy said:
Lets bomb the bastards back to the middle ages

lex_12.gif

:x ah fuk we cant they already there

yer...that´s the main problem with this scum

their minds are in midage...but they got weapons of 21th century :o

Hail diskordia !

with a few millions on my bank....i would make billions of stickers of the head bomb pic

and spread them everywhere....
evry car in europe..every shop...just everything spamed with stickers

f00k mohamed, f00k jesus...f00k every religion shit

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What I find ridiculous about this was the need for a small, (I've never heard of it before this case) Christian Norwegian paper to republish the whole thing. 4 (FOUR) MONTHS AFTER GYLLANDS-POSTEN DID
No other newspapers did this...
Magazinet defended themselves with saying it was to support Gyllands-Posten, when clearly it was to provoke the muslims.

And it was a shame only 12 of the originally 40 asked to draw caricaturs (dunno if that's a proper word... TriTrans says it is) of Mohammed dared to do it...

I agree with Snuggs' last words. F*CK RELIGION!

Last edited:
i wouldnt say that religion was behind this, the main goal of religion is to bring peace and harmony to people.
I'ts the people like the taliban etc. who abuse religion, and give it a bad name.
If u bother to read the goals of the isla you would find out that the islam is a peacefull religion, but in the wrong hands it can be a very powerfull weapon.

Same with hitler, he told his soldiers it was gods will aswell, and we all know what happend next.

JACKEL said:
i wouldnt say that religion was behind this, the main goal of religion is to bring peace and harmony to people.
I'ts the people like the taliban etc. who abuse religion, and give it a bad name.
If u bother to read the goals of the isla you would find out that the islam is a peacefull religion, but in the wrong hands it can be a very powerfull weapon.

Same with hitler, he told his soldiers it was gods will aswell, and we all know what happend next.

sorry m8

but take a very deeeeep look in history books
and sometimes u need to read between the lines

religion is and always was only a thing to control the "dumb" population

just 1 example
why do u think the catholic church didn´t want to tranl8 the holy book ?

the priest can tell the dumb folk:

"the book says...god says ...bla bla bla"
and the dumb folk couldn´t prove it

yer there are always good peeps in the churches...help every1
care 4 eath others..
but that´s alkways the "foot-folk"

the religion leaders do what the want...as long as it fit their things, and their power

look at the pope...he says spend money..money money...and 4 what ?

to cover their costs of vatican with all the gold stuff.... pfffffffffffffffffffff FFS

Snuggs said:
sorry m8

but take a very deeeeep look in history books
and sometimes u need to read between the lines

religion is and always was only a thing to control the "dumb" population

just 1 example
why do u think the catholic church didn´t want to tranl8 the holy book ?

the priest can tell the dumb folk:

"the book says...god says ...bla bla bla"
and the dumb folk couldn´t prove it

yer there are always good peeps in the churches...help every1
care 4 eath others..
but that´s alkways the "foot-folk"

the religion leaders do what the want...as long as it fit their things, and their power

look at the pope...he says spend money..money money...and 4 what ?

to cover their costs of vatican with all the gold stuff.... pfffffffffffffffffffff FFS

Dont see the bible as a book full of rules but a book with guidelines and story's that might people help.
By the way the pope did do really good work ( http://religion-cults.com/pope/communism.htm ) and there are more hings a pope does :lol:
I think vatican is one of the most rich states of the world, with all the art and stuff it''s posseses.
I agree with you when u said that the church controles dumb people, such as them taliban warriors.
the church should guide people.
It's just a way of life, people live by these guidelines but do deeds where they make their own dicisions.
If they fuck up it's them to blame not religion, church or the pope

tbh i dont think there is anything wrong with religion it in its self only speaks of peace love and tolerance

i know pple that it has helped over come personal grief

its the pple that twist and reinterpret the words that are the problem

they get weak and gullible pple to commit crimes and commit atrocious acts in the name of "GoD"

ppple believe in what they want to believe in as far as im concerned as long as they dont interfere with other peoples beliefs and their human rights

i think that putting it all down to religion is the wrong way to think about it

its the pple that twist that are the problem they are the ones that stay safe whilst their victims go and kill & maim more victims in the name of religion

after all u dont see pple like bin laden with a bomb strapped to him they talk a good talk they talk a good fight

but they are cowards who hide behind others weaknesses

has been the same since man appeared on this earth probably

Religion is a great way of population control. I don't know if it was intended for that purpose, but it has surely grown into one of the most powerful weapons.

Christian religion and Muslim religion are religions lending themselves to EXTREMISM very well. I'm not saying they are not based on good stuff, just that they can be manipulated by shifted minds.(Just look into history books, I can't be arsed to explain anything about the crusades, inquisition,... or other similar things right now as I'm too fucking lazy to).

There are more moderate religions around the world, though which leave people free to believe and free to think. I have a great respect for them. Live and let live. Not convert or kill. I don't know much about them, because Idon't need a religion to feel good. My religion is me, my violin, my life, and my freedom of thought. All the rest doesn't really matter that much to me.

Ðeadßoy said:
tbh i dont think there is anything wrong with religion it in its self only speaks of peace love and tolerance

Ummmm, have you read the bible, the quoran or the torah? And I dont mean what someone at the front stands up and tells you is in it. I mean from start to finish. Peace, love and tolerance comes out of these religions *despite* what the religion teaches, not because of it.

Those that show peace, love and tolerance are not following the religion, they are adding their own personal morality to a particulary violent and twisted set of rules.

These cartoons where republished yesterday in many european newspapers - France, Spain, Netherlands, among others (but not in the UK as far as I can see) and it was to make a point. There have been death threats, there have been gunmen raiding EU offfices, there have been boycotts of products. All for what. Because someone in their own country did what was perfectly legal to do in their own country. Islam may forbid drawing of its holy figures, and fair play to them, if they want to set rules and stick to them - and it doesnt hurt anyone else - why the hell not. However ... the people that made the drawings, the people that published the drawings, they have no need to follow Islamic laws just as they have no need to follow Satanic laws or Hindu laws.

Unfortunately, the french editor has now been sacked for causing offence to muslims.

Freedom of speech, freedom of the press. These are nice ideals, would be nice if we had them.

tbh every thing is down to interpretation from law to religion

even things we say are sometimes misinterpreted

(And Cornelius says)
Ape shall never kill ape
I say wouldn't that be great?
But some apes, they just gotta go
We kill the ones that we don't know​

Mughi said:
Unfortunately, the french editor has now been sacked for causing offence to muslims.

Because that particular paper is owned by an Egyptian Muslim.

Still, the good thing is that we can now keep on poking fun at the religious bigots in the knowledge that the UK government can't turn on us using ill-drafted an unpopular, knee-jerk, politically correct legislation: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4664398.stm - a massive GG goes to that illiterate moron Hilary Armstrong, Labour Party Chief whip who was so arrogant as to tell Tony Blair the vote was "in the bag" and that he didn't need to turn up, and was then roundly bitchslapped at PMQT by David Cameron when the government was defeated by 1 vote! :rofl:

___
*Freedom_of_speech was smeared by Ayatollah's Piston!
*Art1st was smacked down by r3lIgi0u5_big0+s Rocket Launcher!
*Danish_Play3r: I need some backup!
*EU_Player: Hang in there!
*German_Player: I've got your back!

That one vote defeat has a particularly sweet taste to it :D

today they assaulted a building with weapons (even bombs) to demonstrate and show that those pics were false.
rofl how ridiculous and sad.

indeed bart, i totally agree, aswell as the b52's, sadly i can't see any solution to this, since the muslims now won't accept an apology(was in the newspaper today). napalm for teh win:x