Death of Nuclear-Transport-Protestant

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Will they learn from the accident?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Some of them

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Ice

Oct 15, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
Will them protestants learn not to sticky themself to the rails? I personally think that they are fucking stupid and as horrible as it is, such an accident was needed to make up their minds... hopefully.

Discuss, argument, flame :P

I'd have more respect for them, in a weird way, if they didn't learn from it and just kept doing it. They'd lose a lot of credibility if they all went "oh shit I don't want that to happen to me, so I think I'll just complain quietly from now on'". I dunno what they'll do though. Some of the most single-minded will surely keep doing it, seeing themselves as some sort of martyr.

man, that dude must really be dumb! i would never ever tie myself to the rails. i think this accident wont be seen as a "i dont want to die thing and i wont do it" ppl will do it more. like the terrorists they die for their beliefs. pretty stupid but the truth

so I take it guy was ran over by a train or summin? anyway whatever his believes, I don't think he was thinking 'good this serves my believes' second before the train hit him.

ProPain said:
sad but i think he knew the risk, if not, well i am sure he made ppl think

Yeah, he probably made people think "what a prick"

Never play a game of brinkmanship with a train.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3990641.stm

Heres a link for those interested.

From what the BBC are reporting, he and a few others lay down in front of a moving train. The driver pulled the emergency brake, but couldnt stop in time. The others got out of the way, he didnt.

He lay in front of a moving train.

Lying in front of a stationary train to prevent it moving is a legitamite form of protest - and this train was delayed by two hours by people doing just that. But to get in front of it once its moving is sheer idiocy.

This wasnt a battle of wills chicken situation, this was some bloke trying to put his will up against the laws of physics and lost.

King Canute anyone?

honestly ... delaying a Castor train aint too smart imo... even or especialy if its as dangerous as the protestands always say i would like it to be moved fast to were the risk can be minimized...

That's what I think. There's a contradiction if on the one hand you say that the train pollutes the environment and on the other hand you delay and even try to stop it...

imo those ppl are just silly and not in any way comparable to the chinese guy who stood infront of a tank. he was protesting against a regime which exploited its people. those who lay infront of a castor transport are just full with their own twisted ideas.
there is absoluteley no good in stopping trains which move already used uranium rods away from a power plant. what shall they do with those things? its not like they cud just put them back in the the plant and leave them there, they are already used and have to be stored somewhere safe.
its one thing to protest against the usage of nuclear power, but the waste wont dissapear just because they block it.
and after all nuclear power plants are a great lot less problematic for the environment as coal plants or the likes. and getting all the energy needed by the western civilisation out of sun collectors or wind and water turbines is afaik just not possible.

now im not really sure if that guy who was killed was chained to the rails, if he wasnt and just sat still he was just a fucking dumbass and his death cant be blamed on anyone but himself. if he had himself chained to the rails then he was just too ignorant to understand that a moving train with the weight of a castor transport needs an extremely long distance to break down and his death can only be blamed on himself again.

so i hope they learn from it and stop protesting those transports, it would also save germany and france millions of euro's for the police force they always need to protect the transports.