Crysis 2 [X360/PS3/PC]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i found crysis not to be that linear really useless :o

It was massively linear! OK, you had a choice of three different hills to go over to reach the next objective, but that's still linearity. The game was the same each time it was played, the only variety came from how you approached each battle.

There's nothing wrong with this, I just hope Crysis 2 is a bit more open. Getting it anyway, Crysis was great fun.

got it from a colleague the other day. And played just about 30min yet.

Until now i've to say that i really dont like it.
For me the scenario is mediocre tense (beaches and jungle >>>>> street fighting in ruins).
Secondly it feels somehow strange and consolish overall. You cant lean, you've nearly no customizable graphic settings to configure and the colours are so FEAR2'ish. Cant exactly explain it. It's just not my cup of tea. On the other hand i still like Crysis 1 (until those dull aliens came along).

Even found during the short playing time of 30mins many noteable AI problems.
Oh, and the graphic is not really amazing, it's good but nothing you expect when you hear "Crytek".

Performancewise it runs quite well (about like Crysis 1) on my olidsh gaming machine (C2D 3,4, GTX260, Win7 x64).

Last edited:
gotta say I love the MP, you gain better weapons and misc. stuff the higher level you have. Quite nice achievement system. Servers are about to have even teams (due to the lvl thingy it steers the amount of higher/lower lvlers). Don't ask me what the max lvl is tho (might be 50 or so).
The size of levels is quite decent, additionally to the gametypes [DM/Team DM/Domination/(and some more)]
Maybe they'll patch the game to DX11, but it's not really necessary imo. Like the game like it is.

Add me if you play on PC ;)
xfreex