Crysis 2 [X360/PS3/PC]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vekW2sxJgU

demo is out, played it a bit feels slow at the start but pretty fun after a while

armor mode: useless imo, doesn't protect the face i think so still very vulnerable to headshots and you get much less mobility

strenght mode:default pretty awesome even if theres no cars to kick on the maps in the demo, it lets you jump higher and the game is really well done in that way, maps are very varied in heights and buildings and it almost feels like assasins creed where you can run anywhere grapple on stuff sprint away etc, very fun so far

invis mode: self explanatory but not overpowered imo

nano vision: basically an infrared vision sorta, usefull if you're on a perch and sniping!

the perks/unlockable stuff seems nice as well, didn't explore all myself yet though

definitely worth a try !

Loved Crysis 1, except that stupid alien mermaid level.

Can't say that trailer make me particularly excited, looks very generic and not even as pretty as Crysis 1. Might get it next year when its cheap and I'm back at uni.

yeah crysis 1 on the tropical landscape was awesome, crysis 2 all seems to be city based and there WILL be aliens :/

I also reached max level for the demo and unlocked most the stuff, it`s not as polished as black ops :/

yet it's still enjoyable due to the very open movement possibilities (Assasin's Creed style)

and the power where you jump in the air and stomp the ground to kill those around you is pretty awesome, imagine jumping down the bridge and making the equivalent of a shock combo around you to get a multikill on people setting double underbridge, feels pretty epic :D

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's not as linear :thumb: That put me off in Crysis, even reinstalling it now I get bored after half an hour cos I've played this before.

I also reached max level for the demo and unlocked most the stuff, it`s not as polished as black ops :/

Black ops polished?:rofl:

On topic:

I havent pld any of the crysis games, is it worth the money?
And how does it run on a mid end pc? I could play MW2 at highest graphics, but i had to use lowest graphics on black ops to make it run a bit smooth:S

Last edited:
crysis 2 should lag on a mid game pc

not sure about crysis 1

i found crysis not to be that linear really useless :o

compared to the call of dutys series anyway, say you face a base you can storm the front gate, or sneak past on the sides etc, and you had a couple of choices to go from point A to point B :hangover:

and what i mean by polished it more for the HUD and stuff

black ops is clean and simple

crysis 2 has fancy gimmicks that make the lot a bit more confusing and a completly unclear scoreboard with icons that dont even clearly show that the number below them represent its like, kill, assists?, deaths, score? and even if you mouseover you can know what the colums are for, the loading screen is confusing, you're not even sure if its actually loading anything most the time

anyway the assasins creed style movement implemented in multiplayer fps games has potential imo, and for that alone the games worth trying

bought the full yday, pld a couple of hours so far and I must say, it is deffo awesome. Love the SP, also MP is quite nice, runs well on my comp. Like it more than BlackOps. Anyone else gonna get it?

I got it last week on PS3 and although the gameplay is really nice, there are several things that really annoy me.

First of all, the buggy AI in Single Player. Enemies walking into walls, cars and objects like idiots. When you power kick a car towards them they dont give a reaction. They just stand there as long as the car dont hit them (then they die). Sometimes the AI is too powerful and they can see you through 5 bushes.. It really takes alot of fun out of the game for me. Hope that gets fixed in patches.

And then there is the story. C'mon!! Been there done that kind of story (yes i finished it). One man has to save the entire universe! He gets picked to wear the suit, but why pick a crippled half dead man?
What is nice, are the graphics. Top notch, except for the details on ie buttons and doorlocks. Then it looks like half-life2 graphics. Lightning is very beautiful..
But really it doesn't deserve the 9 and above ratings most website give it. Perhaps when it's tweaked. And even then I must say the story is not even worth a 6!

btw, moved this thread into consoles :)

Last edited:
Go watch a movie breen!

I don't care about the story, as long as they plan all the settings and scenarios properly for the actual gameplay then I'm happy. I've only played about an hour of the game so far, and its pretty good! I have to agree with breen with one thing though, the AI sometimes is too clever and they see through wall's and shit, kinda ruins the whole stealth around it coz you need to rely on the actual stealth gear to help you out sometimes.

Got it on PC, can play on nearly full settings but some things need to be toned down, even my beast PC can't handle it :(

Go watch a movie breen!

I don't care about the story, as long as they plan all the settings and scenarios properly for the actual gameplay then I'm happy. I've only played about an hour of the game so far, and its pretty good! I have to agree with breen with one thing though, the AI sometimes is too clever and they see through wall's and shit, kinda ruins the whole stealth around it coz you need to rely on the actual stealth gear to help you out sometimes.

Got it on PC, can play on nearly full settings but some things need to be toned down, even my beast PC can't handle it :(

Why would anyone play Single player if nobody cares about the story? Then games could just as well be multiplayer ;). Just started playing multiplayer now. And it's challenging and I really suck at it, but it's pretty fun ;)

Why would anyone play Single player if nobody cares about the story? Then games could just as well be multiplayer ;). Just started playing multiplayer now. And it's challenging and I really suck at it, but it's pretty fun ;)

Because, like I said, the single player creates scenarios for you to work through, so you need to use your brain to finish certain objectives etc, a lot different from multiplayer ;)

Its pretty silly you play the game for the story, you bought the GAME.. to PLAY the GAME.

Last edited:
Because, like I said, the single player creates scenarios for you to work through, so you need to use your brain to finish certain objectives etc, a lot different from multiplayer ;)

Its pretty silly you play the game for the story, you bought the GAME.. to PLAY the GAME.

I prefer SP games cos of the story :<

I buy a game to experience the full package.. I want as much as i can.
But in your opinion Heavy Rain was really boring then? ;) Because gameplaywise it wasn't very attractive.

go watch a movie breen!

I don't care about the story, as long as they plan all the settings and scenarios properly for the actual gameplay then i'm happy. I've only played about an hour of the game so far, and its pretty good! I have to agree with breen with one thing though, the ai sometimes is too clever and they see through wall's and shit, kinda ruins the whole stealth around it coz you need to rely on the actual stealth gear to help you out sometimes.

Got it on pc, can play on nearly full settings but some things need to be toned down, even my beast pc can't handle it :(

hahaha ur pc sucks!!