Couple of bind questions...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
1. Would this work in insta? Has it been tried before and would it be illegal if it did work?

RightMouse=centerview|onrelease fire

The idea is that your alt fire will always level off on flat planes, allowing you to only have to worry about the horizontal axis. Obviously primary fire would be normal for all other shots.

2. Is there a bind to allow you to rejoin a server from spectator to player or vice versa, rather than having to go through the menus? I'm sick and tired of using the slow menus only to find some cock nicked my place while I was faffing about.

Not sure about the centerview - most cheat protectiosn block it for good reason.

To switch play/spec I have actually made a mod that does this:
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=55585

You will need to disconnect, activate the mod menu, reconnect. You can also bind a key with 'menuitem' command to do it.

Also you could try my xconsole mod which has a simple button to do it really fast. Link in sig.

Is there bind (or command) to simulate suicides? Like if you're r/l launching on Siege and don't want opponents to be able to tell you've just killed yourself by launching, you can send a 'Useless killed his own dumb self' message to the console without really dying?

I've seen some ppl try this but it's easy to spot if you are looking. Problem is the name will be coloured and have a : after it, even if you use colour code to colour message white.

I'm at work so I can't check, but can you disguise that colon with a smiley? Like putting a ) after the : ,or would the console override this?

Another idea would be to have a four-line text bind signifying that you're dead (though not applied to suicide key). So when you release the rox you immediately hit that four-line bind like:

x=say I'm dead! | say I'm dead! | say I'm dead! | say I'm dead!

This would bump the actual suicide off the chat window and it's not like anyone would check. Am I taking this too seriously?

Blah, if you really want to be that lame just press your "suicide|say Tactical suicide!" bind right after launch so the enemy will think you did a tactical suicide :P

Also, spam "say :&Y:Incoming high!!!" when you go low :P :)&Y: changes the font colour yellow, which is the default teamsay colour so the enemy thinks it was a teamsay by some his teammates :P)

Useless binds, but then again your nickname is useless!

Last edited:
uhm whats the point in hiding a suicide message with a suicide message?

To disguise the type of suicide. They'll think it was tactical rather than rocket launch.

Looks like a console spam for me

Absolutely but you wouldn't use it very often innit. I hate console spam too but I'm just hypothesising. Wouldn't actually do it.

Blah, if you really want to be that lame just press your "suicide|say Tactical suicide!" bind right after launch so the enemy will think you did a tactical suicide

Yeah I thought of that too but it would be pointless if you did it straight afterwards since you have to wait to respawn before you can suicide. If you had a say bind attached to suicide it might work, but not everyone does. And it's not lame, it's a misleading trick.

Also, spam "say :&Y:Incoming high!!!" when you go low :)&Y: changes the font colour yellow, which is the default teamsay colour so the enemy thinks it was a teamsay by some his teammates )

:thumb: Nice one, this is the kind of sneaky bastardness I like lol.

Useless binds, but then again your nickname is useless!

I can't believe there are still people using this same 'putdown'. Some things just never get old I guess :P

press the suicide|say Tactical suicide! right after launch, since you're dead you wont suicide but only say the message.

Or you could have a single key with only "say Tactical suicide!", which you would press right after launching and dying, but then again that would be a waste of a key :P

Last edited:
press the suicide|say Tactical suicide! right after launch, since you're dead you wont suicide but only say the message.

Or you could have a single key with only "say Tactical suicide!", which you would press right after launching and dying, but then again that would be a waste of a key :P

I got one of those.

I also got the fake suicide :&LB:killed his own dumb self message :( Works all the time when I miss a hammer jump on Frigate :P :rofl: