concerts/gig's/shows

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

zombie

Dead Man Walking
Jun 9, 2001
Andover(UK)
Just wanted to know what concerts/gig's/shows you have been too.
and what mark out of 10 you would give them....

Marilyn Manson (seen 3 times,) - 10
Disturbed (seen 2 times) - 8
Godhead - 3
Queen Adreena - 5
Queen + paul rogers - 7
Gun's and roses - 6
Meatloaf - 6
Prince (saw last night) - 10
madonna - 8
Live8 - 10
Proms In The Park (hyde Park) 2007 - 10
TURBONEGRO 0 (warm up for manson, These guys were so crap)
Spice Girls - 8

We Will Rock You (seen 3 times)- 10

Key
0-4
5-7 8-10

Last edited:
Megadeth - 10
Iron maiden, seen god knows how many times - 10
Guns 'n roses - 8
Ronnie James Dio - 10
Uriah heep - 7
Slayer - 7
Dimebag beyond forever (plays Pantera covers) - 8
Trivium - 2
Mastodon - 6
Black Sabbath (the original!) - 10
Deep purple - 6
Hanoi rocks - 7
Metallica - 8
The spice girls - 7 (hey it was pretty cool when I was a kid, plus I didn't have to pay for the tickets :P)
Soulfly - 3
Rolling stones - 6 (nice show but not exactly my favourite band)

Might have seen more, can't remember at the moment but I'll add up later if I remember. ;x

Last edited:
Trance Energy 2007 - 9
Great ambiance, many really good artists. Like Phynn, Cosmic Gate, Johan Gielen and Yves DeRuyter. Minor irritation was when Paul Oakenfold played Frozen Flames from Jeckell and Hyde, which is absolutely the wrong scene for such music.

A State Of Trance 300 (Free event) - 7
A free festival, in which the 300th episode of the famous radioshow A State of Trance by Armin van Buuren was celebrated. Cool ambiance, but really too crowded and lots of people that just came from outta town because they heard some music and were not interested in the music. Also the audio wasn't that good.

Tiesto: Elements of Life - 10
Even though many people would never give Tiesto a 10. He was a real hero at this concert. The best spectacles i've ever seen in a indoor event. Major Waterspectacles, Fireworks, Blowing Air, Fire that nearly reached the roof etc etc. And Tiesto played alot of great tracks from the past and his new album. I've never been a huge fan of him, but since this concert i changed my mind.

Dancetour Breda (Free Event) - 5
Free festival in the city center of Breda. The big name there was Ferry Corsten and he was good. The other artists that we're playing were not good at all. Most of the people that showed their face weren't at all interested in the music and showed strange faces when you danced. That's the downside of free festivals I guess. But because it was free I had to give this still a 5.

Full on Ferry 300 (Free event) - 7
A event in occasion of Ferry Corsten (number 8 DJ of the world according to DJ Mag). Good atmosphere, friendly people and a flying stage made this event very special. But the other visuals and the food & beverage part of this event were that good. Sound stopped several times and some artists were announced before they actually appeared on stage.

Last edited:
Hmn, I'll just post most recent then :D

Rock The Bells: - 9.5
-Immortal Technique - 7
-Pharoahe Monch - 7
-EPMD - 5
-Mos Def + Talib Kweli (Blackstar) - 8
-Public Enemy - 9
-The Roots - 9
-Cypress Hill - 6
-Wu Tang Clan - 1
-Rage Against the Machine - 11

V- Festival 2007= 10 by far!
Kasbian= 10

Only been to them 2 but hoping next year to go and watch the following :
Killers,kasabian, fratellis, snow patrol, the fray oh and ofc going back to V festival seems i booked my ticket already :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In Chron Order:

The Cardigans (free tickets off a m8) - 6
Gary Moore - 7
Fear Factory -8
Pantera - 10 (Still the best gig I've ever been to)
Foo Fighters - 9
Halo
The Cooper Temple Clause - 7
Eric Clapton - 7
Raging Speedhorn - 6
Zakk Wylde's Black Lable Society - 6
Soulfly -7
The Union Underground - 6
Mudvayne - 8
Papa Roach - 5
Tool - 7
Slipknot - 8
Disturbed - 9
Black Sabbath - 9
Spineshank - 6
Hundred Reasons - 4
Incubus - 5
Limp Bizkit - 6
Halo - 6
System Of A Down - 8
The Mad Capsule Markets - 6
Otep - 6
Mushroomhead - 8
Millencolin - 4
Cradle Of Filth - 4
Drowning Pool - 6
Slayer - 7
System Of A Down - 7
Tool - 7
Ozzy Ozbourne - 8
Mushroomhead - 8
ill Nino - 8

Leeds 2002 (Highligh - Guns N' Roses - 9)
Dowload 2005 (Highlight - System of a Down - 9/Billy Idol - 8)
Leeds 2005 (Highlight - Kasabian - 9)
Download 2006 (Highlight - Metallica - 9)

Machine Head - 9
Prodigy - 8

Download 2007 (Highlight - Korn - 9/Machine Head - 8)
Rock Werchter (Highlight - Metallica - 10/Pearl Jam - 9/Beastie Boys - 8/Kasier Chiefs - 8)

Metallica Wembley - 10 (inc - Machine Head - 8)
Tool - 8

Next month Enter shikari & Hundred Reasons

There are a few bands there that I've seen many times (ie Slayer 5 times, System 4 times, Incubus 4 times etc) but I can't be bothered to work them all out. And there are hundreds of smaller bands I've seen that aren't really worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Nice list there Stiffler! If only I had seen Pantera before Dime was murdered. :(

Did you have your middlefinger up during HIM's guest performance in Wembley? :P

LOL No I was at the bar drinking beer for the entire HIM set... Didn't even see them on the stage :D

Pantera were totally amazing, and I doubt that gig will ever be bettered. I saw them at the Manchester Apollo which is a fairly intimate venue and I spent most of the gig right in front of Dimebag.

Trance Energy 2007 - 9
Great ambiance, many really good artists. Like Phynn, Cosmic Gate, Johan Gielen and Yves DeRuyter. Minor irritation was when Paul Oakenfold played Frozen Flames from Jeckell and Hyde, which is absolutely the wrong scene for such music.

music was good (especially dave202's set) light was crap imo... they should spend some more time on that

for people who don't have a clue what it is.. a short impression

http://www.trance-energy.nl/te2007/after/

Last edited:
did they really suck that bad? :P

Well I'd say 0, but I think 0 would more be like "they showed up drunk and insisted the crowd sing sing-a-long songs from Disney movies." They sucked though, would have been better if they just didn't show up.

Stifler, you went to werchter this year?? if so yes Metallica and Beastie Bioys were the best :D

Aye I was there had a fucking mint time :D Probably not my last Euro festival... Gonna do Rock Am/Werchter/Rosklide next year depending on lineup

Here's a couple of Metallica photos:

Attachments

• IMG_2807-1.JPG
    IMG_2807-1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2814-1.JPG
    IMG_2814-1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2823-1.JPG
    IMG_2823-1.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2833-1.JPG
    IMG_2833-1.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2836-1.JPG
    IMG_2836-1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 210
PS: All mine own shots and yes I got a pick too :D

Here's the que from the first day: I've got this in a huge 5mb photo it's about 5 shots stiched...

Attachments

• Que-Pan.jpg
    Que-Pan.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 126
i really honest dont know where i have been too... going to concerts and festivals for 10 years now

Pearl Jam, Placebo, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Pink Floyd, Arctic Monkeys, Velvet Revolver, Black Label Society, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Lenny Kravitz, Bush, Bloc Party, Coldplay, Counting Crows, Cure, Deep Purple and many many more

Should look it up but i think it will be more then a page long :lol:

BANG! (Main DJ: Airbase) - 8
Keep It Tidy (Tidy Boys, Cosmic Gate) - 9
Porcupine Tree - 10