[commercial] UT2003 impressions [/commercial]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cypher

Sep 29, 2001
Heya folks.

dunno if u remember me, but nm :D

i had the chance to test UT2003 yesterday and have written some small review of it.

read it here :)

hf

aeon aka Cypher out

Shield Gun:
The second weapon u spawn with. It replaces the Impact Hammer.
Primary mode is still the IH from UT. Perforimg IHjumps is still possible, and of course u can still kill someone with it.
Secondary mode is the shield. It protecs u from shots. But only from those coming from front. It absorbed about 90% of the damage, way to much if u ask me.
You can still use the IH to kill your enemy or perform IHjumps while the shield is charged. IHjump with this shield only took 4-5 damage so u can simply jump without getting much damage. Needs to be fixed imo.

good for an assault mod but dont like the idea of only 5 damage, will make jumping too easy imo, also wonder if you could double jump off a hamer jump if so thats gonna be some really high jumps for next to no lose in damage ? But no assault mode was stated :( Oh well might as well look forward to quake4 or doom3 as it was only assault that lifted ut higher imo.

can u still launch with the "shield gun" then? or is it only jumping?