Clan Forums

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
hi there Fraghubbrers,

i was wondering, will there be ut2k4 clan forums on this forum (or another), or must the clans get there own forums somewhere else?

I guess Fraghub forums and uta are on the same server so if uta not hosting for ut`99 clans, you cant count to get 2k4 one...

$au$je said:
hi there Fraghubbrers,

i was wondering, will there be ut2k4 clan forums on this forum (or another), or must the clans get there own forums somewhere else?
Depends, existing hosted clans would be able to have a UT 2004 forum in addition to their existing forums. But we have no plans at the moment to offer anymore forum hosting for clans - especially if they are purely UT 2004 :( Wish we could, but it's pretty much maxed out atm. Sorry.

well was gonna wait with mentioning this but i bought a licence for the league if they wanted it wich was not the case.

i'm building my own server atm to co-locate.
This however could take a month before i actually co-locate it.

Once it is co-located i will use it to host some fraghub clan forums. And obviously to host the [X] clan servers.

:o

The co-locating itsself is pretty cheap. I'll just have to see how much bandwidth it will take. then depending on that i will put some xtra ut servers on.

RookiE said:
The co-locating itsself is pretty cheap. I'll just have to see how much bandwidth it will take. then depending on that i will put some xtra ut servers on.
Some extra ut servers you say? And you don't want to overload it, right? Ehm, not to many you can run on the single cpu P4, especially with a somewhat heavy forum on there as well. You should really check with your host if he can's do the forum part, so your machine can be totally abused for usefull stuff (read: running servers), tho that's taking up bw as well of course... hmmmmm.... :saint:

should be ok with 2 servers and a forum shouldn't it? if not i'll only run one and if that not gonna work i'll look at u with some puppy dog eyes ;)

I meant a link to the coloc site, we have our own server for our forums already :P. Kippie does good coloc rates, maybe when I can get enough ppl together we can make good use of that :D. Free second processor on all dell servers atm, /me goes out begging.