civ3 help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

§phïnx

Wet Toast
Oct 27, 2001
I NEED HELP FS ON CIV3, im getting owned, cant survive tutorial:(
any ppl good at it then they might be able to answer sum questions for me as the manual is like a bible and i need to sort out my civilianes etc...
help any1?

yes civilization3:)
I get owned on cheiftan:(
NO I AINT GOT GONNA PLAY RTCW FS!!!
Might get AvP2 though:)

i always lose my patience on strategy stuff like civ(surprisingly;))

and RTCW suck hard with those crappy monster it takes the soul away from the game... fuckin arseholes managed to ruin such a good game with some stupid demons fs...

original rocks... guess i could play it through running backwards with my eyes closed by now... it's still addictive:D

say what u want but the new wolfi rox :)

and prot; :shout: GET OUT OF MY EYES YOU TRAITOR!!!

:D:D:D

the best single shooters ever are still

1.Unreal/Unreal Return to NaPali
2.Return to Castle Wolfenstein
3.Star Trek Voyager Elite Force
(4.Duke Nukem 3D :D)

Ï'm doing pretty well on "Regent" level (Just got 2 cities and a tech from the romans to make peace with them :D)..

Tell me your problem more specific: is it AI demands, are U behind in tech or cities? Are U loosing cities to AI coz of culture?

Tell me more and tha BLUB will help ya!

like i said aint done tutorial yet:(
My civilians are alway unhappy, how do i make em happy, and actually change em to entertainers, tax collector etc... clicking on em dont work:(?
And im always short of gold:(
And when i trade, every1 had lots of technologies, yet im lucky 2 have 2:(

Once i can get past this problem then ill can move on and find more problems:)

U never played the CIV1 or CIV2? Coz then there is a bit much to explain.. but here goes anywayz:

Under Despotism, 2 units in a town, will keep people happy untill city gets like size 6 or so. You can see that in the townwindow (zoom to [townname]), coz the units got a little smiley attached to them. Other forms of government gives different number of units that make people happy. Temples are IMPORTANT - both to keep peeps happy and to expand your culture. Collosseum also, but its much more expensive...

If people are too angry, you will get a riot. If you go to citywindow in a town where there is a riot and you click on the city on the minimap, there will automatically be assigned enough entertainers to keep people happy. But you'll get riots once in a while as long as your cities grow.

If you press F1, you will come to a window where you can adjust taxlevels (I almost always have 0% entertainment, 50% or higher science). The percentage U don't assign to science or entertainment is what will be incomming money.

AI swap techs like madmen and you CANNOT get in front with techs in CIV3 (that's my experience anyways). Just accept it and trade luxuries, money and resources for techs instead. In fact, I usually don't spent much taxes on science in the first period of time, bcoz you can buy the techs from the AI instead. A tech that might take you 40 turns to research, you can buy from AI for somewhere around 50-100 gold... So buying techs is in fact much faster than researching them yourself...

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
NOO fs Halflife is shit!!!
well ok its not that bad bnut the graphics sux ass
its one of those games of which i get sick by playing it
no shit
i once tried turok and i had to stop playing after 15 min
if i had played on i would have vomitted