Cheaters contacted by Attorney for Epic Games

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cheating is bad.....v. badddd........ and it nice that Epic are tryin to help stop the problem (just my thoughts to the topic)
On the subject of website mush, Epic could complain to the domain name company, and have the .com or what ever it is shut down.
BUT they (the cheaters/coders) could then just change domain name companies, and have it up and running within a week again. :(
Theres also IRC channels dedicated to the hacking of games, so you'd have to get someone to moniter ALL the IRC, chat programs and everything else. Which in my mind is impossible, and i personally wouldnt like all my conversations with u guys monitered :mad:
Soo my conclusion to this is, YAY at last a company is finally taking an interest in stopping cheating, but i can never see the day were cheating will stop :( Let just keep banning, or what ever the league does to cheaters, people who do cheat and lets hope for the best :)

do hope the league permanantly bans cheaters this time and not give am a week suspension or a slap on the hand. :D

I protest in favour of cheaters: So long as they don't fuck up league matches, I couldn't give a shit.

that's bs when we were on the pub with that botting noob u went "i wish i could play as well as u can code" :P so obviously u do care :P

Bottom line: People will always mod games, and the companies will always try to crack down.

It's just like drugs. People will keep doing drugs, and people will keep buying and selling drugs. Both of these can be arrested. Now programmers are at the top of prosecutors lists for computer crimes. Attorneys always have a keen mind to go against them, since we're in that post-hacker epidemic age. The only thing that will combat this effectively is Epic finding this software and patching up the bugs exploited. That makes it a bit harder for programmers, but not impossible... I remember people on an American UT AS server a few months ago that used software to crash the servers and such, so this kind of software will probably be around for another five years.

Epic uses this as merely a deterrent... just like the RIAA are making lawsuits against Kazaa users, but not Soulseek or WinMX users.