Channel name at qnet

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Chan name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forget about the bot for now, that's not the main issue.
Do some brainstorming about how to go about establishing channel.

I think I will want to slowly invite people. Like the people I know from insta channels.
See how they like iAS. Play our stdAS pugs too, some of insta ppl try out nw.
Then we advertise to nw players.

Invite only?
New website for the channel?
Which videos/movies should we present? Which AS movies are best?

Who is willing to do some of the things?
For example: Who is willing to do a real nice map pack of all maps we need? Make it a .rar or .zip, not a .exe, like Deadboys pack.

Please volunteer here, so it's not all on just 1-2 guys.

In disagree, I think we need a pugbot, bit we shouldn't get caught up in that. The LAS pug or and matchmode honestly kicks the shit out of every other pugbot out there the fact that it sets everything up and players aren't stuck for 15 mins waiting for people to click is amazing, something I think we take for granted

And that adds to incentive to play. "hey come play a well-organized pug where you don't waste time and get straight to playing" sounds appealing to me.

Yes, I am quite aware of that. What I meant is that I am worrying about that, and MyM is. Quasi^ has helped quite a bit already, and I am reaching out to creators of other bots. So we are going to be just fine!

For example: Who is willing to do a real nice map pack of all maps we need? Make it a .rar or .zip, not a .exe, like Deadboys pack.

Whats wrong with a self extracting exe? in fact Id prefer it as it doesnt mean you need winrar, 7-zip. etc etc to extract it if you dont want.
As for all maps needed, what does that mean? I would say there are some 40 maps played on pug but a lot of those are not played much if at all anymore.

IMO for someone that doesnt play LAS the only things that Id recommend as a download are the LAS client files (gives you LAS config menu), the most common pug/league custom maps, required serverside only files. anything else with redirects is no issue.

Lol, Linux is one reason, yeah, true :D

Main reason is that .exe looks fishy there, several people asked me "WTF .exe?" when I pointed them to map pack.
Everybody has WinRar installed, so that's fine.

Redirect wasn't working on pug 2 days ago. Established custom maps like Scarab should be added to the map pack.
Also, another problem is that AS-AutoRip needs another packet, or whatever, what exactly was it again?

I can do all this, but I'd rather see somebody else willing to take this on. It's like 2h of work, or so.

LAS should also be put into that pack, yeah. With default settings being big flags on objectives, you know.

I dont use linux as I have no need to but seriously, you really cant extract a self extracting file? I find that very surprising and short sighted.

Personally I would always use winrar etc to decompress even a self extracting zip file so exe seems best of both worlds as you can use both methods.

Lol, Linux is one reason, yeah, true :D

Main reason is that .exe looks fishy there, several people asked me "WTF .exe?" when I pointed them to map pack.
Everybody has WinRar installed, so that's fine.

lol no they dont, trust me, I have had to help a fair few people over the years that have no idea what a rar even is let alone what to do with it.
As I said above, if you dont trust the exe just extract it directly with the program, winrar, 7-zip etc?

Redirect wasn't working on pug 2 days ago. Established custom maps like Scarab should be added to the map pack.
Also, another problem is that AS-AutoRip needs another packet, or whatever, what exactly was it again?

I noticed yesterday that the redirect ut-files is currently down, thats the one I use.

autorip etc is covered by the bit where I said + serverside files, these are files that are needed but wont download

lol no they dont, trust me, I have had to help a fair few people over the years that have no idea what a rar even is let alone what to do with it.
As I said above, if you dont trust the exe just extract it directly with the program, winrar, 7-zip etc?

I noticed yesterday that the redirect ut-files is currently down, thats the one I use.

autorip etc is covered by the bit where I said + serverside files, these are files that are needed but wont download

Yeah, fine, .exe still looks fishy. So we make it both .zip and .exe as backup.

+ serverside files, roger that, that's good :)

Well actually I can open exes using Wine (windows compatibility layer) but not everyone has Wine installed. It's not an oversight; windows binaries don't run in Linux and vice versa. But even when I used windows I still preferred a plain zip to a self-extractor.

My point was its just an exe archive, whats' to stop you just extracting it rather than use the self extracting element?

If you are using Linux then the chances are you know what an archive is ;) if you need to use an self extracting exe to extract a file then chances are you dont :lol:

AssaultBonusPack.u is required for autorip, astheno, etc. This package does not download from servers.

I would be happy to look at making a map pack, and while I agreed that a .exe would be useful I cannot put the effort into creating one at this time.