Change server location?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

seas_

Nov 2, 2005
Austria
Hiho!

What do u think of moving the UTAPUG server from England to Holland? And asking MC: in how far wud that be possible? So making another english UTA server and put the Pug server on one of the 5 NL servers.

My Reasons: As being an Austrian my routing to the uk is pretty gay + the server itself is acting lil bit strange sumtimes.

Since there are more ppl from holland + other european countrys than from UK (i think at least) it wud be worth the change imho.

Dno in how far MC cud manage that tho, but i know the uk uta server has same ip as the pug server so it shud be np if mc doesnt mind?

sometimes the server is quite good and sometimes you have mega lagspikes...i doubt it got something to do with the location tho...

stupid idea.. mc owns the pug server - the reason the uk uta server has the same ip is that it is run on the same box

how can we move it over to NL where mc/mym dont own the .nl server?

if you are having ping problems then i suggest you do some tracerts and find out where the problem lies - then send em to your isp if its their end or mym if its on the last few hops at the server's end

if you want a .nl pug server then someone is gonna have to pay for it - you going to? cos i aint

well yes mc owns it, but i dont think its a big deal to set a server the league is using to pug and then mc provides a league server.

just wanted to bring it up because it doesnt sound very unrealistic to me.

And if its that easy y shudnt we do it when wayz more guys are from europe.

but ofc thats no moaning of me, i absolutely respect mc for providing a server.

Well, for the time being this probably won't happen. MyM and I won't have the server forever (expensive) and within 2 months I think an alternative will have to be found.

But more update on when this happens will be said.

Although its easy to move pug to another server its not that straight forward.

First off we have no paid for league servers other than #6 & #7, all servers are provided to us for free through sponsorship. A 6v6 game generally uses 10MB of bandwidth per minute and to replace a league server that has maybe 12-14 hours of matches a week to one that has at least double that would generate a lot more traffic which is unfair on that host, nobody here is paying for it. If you really want a nl server then I suggest finding a way to pay for it, as this would be fairest all round.

Oh and although there may be way more people from europe playing none of them are stumping up a server, only 2 UK ppl are :\

btw.. since im finally earning money instead of mooching off the governement.. if the pug server/league servers/etc need some donations, i could throw in a tenner or something.. obviously needs more than that.. but if more ppl could be arsed - might be worth it?

obviously means banning me is a no no :P

Rent more clan servers from x3m so i can get one more from them for the league :)