cd installtion problems

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ut2003freak

Sep 22, 2004
I am trying to reinstall UT2003 after a few months of not being used. The problem is, my discs have been scratched over the months and I therefore cant reinstall (I get a "cyclic redundancy error" when I try to install). I tried to copy the files from the CD to my hard drive as well, but that too fails. I have isolated the problem files that are scratched (there are a few from each CD). I was wondering if anyone could help me out and send about 4 texture/sound files to me so that I can reinstall this great game!

Hmm..

Have you tried cleaning the CD? When my CD's were scratched e.t.c, i just put them under cold water and rinse em, and get a non-textured cloth and wipe down, which takes away dust and minor sticking dirt :)

(It has worked on several occasions 4 me, but try it and see wha happens, but dont hold me to it :D)

Depending on what scratches you are talking about a handcream may do the trick aswell,
but if nothing helps, contact me on ICQ and ill send you all the files you need.

Lol i see all sorts of "Make-Your-Disc's-Working-@-Home" tricks here.
Please explain some like: Putting handcream on it :confused:

Put it in the freezer..... Why?

verdamping / bevriezing van stof/vieze dingetjes, die je er dan makkelijk af kan halen.

sneez said:
Lol i see all sorts of "Make-Your-Disc's-Working-@-Home" tricks here.
Please explain some like: Putting handcream on it :confused:

Put it in the freezer..... Why?

well in theory it shrinks the aluminium film the data is written on and makes it easier for the drive to read

sometimes it works sometimes it dont

same thing with hard drives

would have thought you know what water does on objects..

cleans dust/minor dirt stuck on, finger prints which may have caused the disc to not read!

(Although i do think this may be a piracy Question ;) )

definitely not a piracy issue :(
i only need 6 texture/sound files to complete install and, even if i could use those files to pirate the game, i have absolutely no computer knowledge whatsoever, aside from knowing running D : \ setup.exe usually installs the game :)
i tried washing disc etc (no freezer yet....and certaintly no fire...) to no avail.
anybody think they can help?

depending how fast you contact me (read your PM), i will send those files directly to you or i will upload them and then you can download them :)