Captains picking maps !!!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

fu2

May 2, 2003
Captains need to take more resposiblity when chooseing maps for pug's to make sure 2 similar maps arent in the same game Ie: 11.AS-Lavafort][ : 26.AS-LavaFort][SE_preview or any futer SE versions :snot: .
Hope there are no more incidents due to map choice however another example ( BIOASSAULT). If a captain wants to pick this map it is His/Her choice and players should Respect it!!!! Remember new maps need to be tested/played.

Captains resposible for chooseing maps.

Players resposible for playing maps even if they dont know them.

Happy fragging and have a good new year :rocket:

but what if 1 captain wants 2 play the regular lava and the other captain the newest lava?

dede I think thats kinda the point of fu2's post, that if both captains want to pick a similar map they should try and decide between them to pick one version.
If people arent capable of being able to sort it out betwen themselves then I will make sure in future the maplist only has one version of a map, this will mean that the majority of maps that Che has reworked will most likely be removed so pelase keep this in mind.

it was the opinion of nearly everyone that lavaSE was a totally different map then normal lava due to touchable final and many other things....

but my point was that it can't work like that, even if the playstyle of the map is totally different, 80%+ of the map is exactly the same, so imho youre never gonna have both maps in league...... so why bother with the SE version?

unlike map versions like guardiaAL and asthenoAL or SE, both newer versions actually reduce the chokepoints/spam mainly facilitating assault, thats not the case at all with lavaSE, it completly change the gameplay of an already assaultable map.

So my point:

1) They are 80% the same area wise, but gameplay wise they aren't at all.... so decide are they the same or not? (aka is your point about picking 2 same maps valid, imho it would definitely be valid if say both asthenos were in pug THEN that would be 2 similar maps not to pick in a pug I agree. But as i've said most ppl believe lava and lavaSE to be totally different)

2) Why bother with a map version that changes gameplay so much as to make lava and lavaSE two completly different maps "gameplaywise"?

html fuck off really with all ur bs!i cant even be arsed to read what shit u write! the fact is dont pick same maps like jim said, no1 apart from u wanted to play and only u afaik wud be lame enuff to do so!feck off. Just be considerate to the people that also play the pug main point here

Last edited:
My Opinion:
Lavafort totally sucks and shudnt be in League. LavafortSE is WAYZ cooler and funnier and more playable than the old Version. But its still no cool Assault i like to play like Riv3 or Desert/Bridge/Balli wotever.
BioAssaultNA is totally CRAP² ok. It IS a big Guardia with 11 minutes of spam if defenders arent dumb or sleepy.

Captains in a Pug hav the rights to pick wotever they want, i captained ALOT of times last week, and then im not captain for one time and the maplist includes those fuckin three maps to be first, I MEAN WTF ARE U ON ABOUT???
I cudnt be arsed to play that crap pug, i found a sub, and thanks for ruining the time i wanted play a pug good game.

but my point was that it can't work like that, even if the playstyle of the map is totally different, 80%+ of the map is exactly the same, so imho youre never gonna have both maps in league...... so why bother with the SE version?

why bother with the old version ? it sucks hard. stop trying to make #utapug like NA league html fs , NA league is dead for a reason maybe lol

all those discussions here in this thread and yesterday on irc is only cause guys are bored to play "unpopular" maps 2 times in a row :o

and like morph mentioned
it happens always if html is involved.........

html voted siege3 2 times in a row (even after peeps asked him to not vote it again)
--> i started the siege remove thread...

html voted lavafort 2 times in a row (even after peeps asked him to not vote it again)
-->i started the SE version of LavaFort.....

3. then yesterday 2 lavas and bio in the maplist (even after peeps asked to not vote them again!!!)
--> u had a ruined pug and a flame discussion on irs

html always wants to force the majority to play crap....that´s the prob :o

Last edited:
gg idd Jim & seas_

on a side note I think bioassault should be removed from the pug maplist and replaced with something else. Fs even Guardia's a better map.
BioAssault has very little launch capability and too much spam. It may look nice graphix-wise but gameplay-wise it's shit and everyone knows it.

Try to keep on topic. It about captains choice of map not a vote/descusion on bio :).
Although i am sure an SE version could fix hope to speak to che sometime soon.
Maybe it time for a new map thread mym :)

Last edited:
To me it seems to have turned into an "anti-html-thread" Jim.

However, html has a very good point in what he says about Lavafort. The original version is actually perfectly assaultable. Can´t even understand why some1 has another opinnion than this due to the fact that this map very rarely gets defended full time. It´s all a matter of learning the map and how to assault it and you don´t need to know 15 rippers to do so.

no1 said u did tut, no1 is moaning about playing the map, its the fact we had to play lava TWICE SE version and then normal version, and then bio. 1 lava is enuff

no1 said u did tut, no1 is moaning about playing the map, its the fact we had to play lava TWICE SE version and then normal version, and then bio. 1 lava is enuff

Well m8, plenty are actually moaning about playing the map as well. I understand the point where some ppl didn´t wanna play lava twice of course but obviously something that needs to be changed to solve the situation.

Captains need to take more resposiblity when chooseing maps for pug's to make sure 2 similar maps arent in the same game Ie: 11.AS-Lavafort][ : 26.AS-LavaFort][SE_preview or any futer SE versions :snot: .
Hope there are no more incidents due to map choice however another example ( BIOASSAULT). If a captain wants to pick this map it is His/Her choice and players should Respect it!!!! Remember new maps need to be tested/played.

Captains resposible for chooseing maps.

Players resposible for playing maps even if they dont know them.

Happy fragging and have a good new year :rocket:

It has m8 ^

I fail to see how anyone can complain as to what maps are played........when 12 peeps sign up to play no one can be arsed to be captain.

You wanna choose the maps ? BE A CAPTAIN !! or STFU :P

why shud i always be a captain just so i dont have to play lava twice thrash?thats just pure bsn i cap alot and no1 shud have to cap and have the responsibility of doin tax, etc etc just coz the ydont wanna play lava twice! little considerations wudnt go a miss, if u wanna play lava and lavaSE surely pug again, cap up or ask nicely to pick it, im sure ppl will as i usually ask when captain any preferred maps pm me

why shud i always be a captain just so i dont have to play lava twice thrash?

You shouldn't have to m8. Jim's original request is valid as captains should use a little logic in their map choices.

Once teams are chosen perhaps we should have the option of using UT mapvote on the server ? Then the majority can have their vote. Only problem with that is that new maps might not get the airtime they deserve, unless they are loaded with larger vote value.

As you say, if players want / don't want specific maps they should pm their captain.

I try and make a point of thanking my captain at the end of the game because I have tried to be captain a couple of times and failed miserably.