cap suggestion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pitbull

May 12, 2008
Romania
i have no clue who designed the bot or how but i have a good idea imo (if ofc this can be implemented)

lets say cap is volunteer and after 15 mins if nobody wants to willingly cap then set it to random which would trigger setting 2 rand caps of the people signed and starting the picking phase.

people who never cap will cap eventually and they cant blame themselves for not being able to do tax, even if u cannot think for urself u can at least see how other people defend where to put ppl etc...

and the community being as small as it is im sure most of us know the basic tactics, so u cant really use the excuse of i dunno how to cap

I dunno why people are so scared of it. I know not everyone has been a clan / squad leader but it's not about that. You just come up with basic positions, hopefully learn what positions people like and remember them for next time, then trust the team to know how to play :confused: You get the odd prick who talks shit to you but that's the minority, and if I wasn't capping I'd rather have someone cap and not really know what they're doing than sit there for over an hour waiting on poor Sphere or Pogo having to do it yet again.

Maybe keep some track of who caps and who doesn't and add it to the bot, so it becomes more likely to pick someone who usually hides from capping, forcing them to pull their weight. This way it will all even out and it's not the same handful having to step up all the time just to get a game.

forget anything about modifying the pug bot

the guy who coded it has gone m.i.a for YEARS and no one seems to be able to open it and change stuff

1 obvious and ''simple'' thing that could be changed is the bug when it's waiting for captains, in the old NA pugbot of #naat (on which the utapugbot is BASED (i fink, the pugbot was incompatible with LAS 140 so they made a new one with a bug in cap mode)) even after reaching 8/8 players for example, we could still change our names, leave and comeback, and even increase the player limit to 10 or 12 and get more people to addup. I don't know why that bug got introduced where people can't leave irc or change their nick while waiting for captains, but if no one has been able to fix that ''simple'' thing, that worked better in an OLDER version..... you can definitely forget any ideas of adding new features to the bot.

wudnt be a bad idea useless but that seems to be impossible to implement according to html

can any1 else confirm this? surely we can find one to edit it.... i may even know a guy who could do it provided he has the whole code

People don't cap because they get a lot of qqing and flaming for it, it scares them off and they arent willing to cap again.
Those that don't cap regullary doesn't know how to pick the teams best and unless theres someone like sphere or twnz on the other side who are making teams fair, it's usually end up very uneven.

Even if they eventually cap, they still get shit for giving 'bad' tactics and people rather whine and cry instead of giving people chance to learn.

Last time I capped vs twnZ people needed sub before the pug started, they're afraid to lose even if teams were fair.
So i won't cap anymore cba.

Also, bare in mind that this current pugbot wont work on IRC servers like Quakenet, so if league/irc do eventually go and pug is retained, you will need to find a compatible IRC server. :) What html says about the current bot bugs is correct.

Thats news to me, although admittedly not tested.

Bot only has to voice and moderate channel which I assume is same command on qnet

I don't mind to cap but as I still don't speak english good enough and even don't know where ppl like to play so I won't cap to don't ruin the pug.
I think ppl can ask someone in their teams to do tactics, like last time I cap, twnz did tactics for me.

Think people prefer others cap sometimes rather than ruining pug. Ruining pugs happens all the time, so just cos you may not know tacs amazingly well isnt really an excuse anymore.

MyM, some of the ctfers were saying about 1 or 2 of the functions are not working with qn. I cant remember which though.

if mym can officially post here that the bot cannot be tweaked whatsoever then yea this thread is done

no need to go in specifics about ppl not capping etc... just taking the bot offline after 15 mins of not capping or w/e rules admins make is pretty harsh considering the buzz kill for people who wanna play.
mym shudnt allow admins to make up new rules or to take the bot offline etc.. ;(

Bot cannot be tweaked, has been stated many many times before.

What is supposed to be done about making ppl cap, taking the bot offline for a while is about the only thing left to persuade ppl that 20-30 minutes of waiting for a cap is stupid.