Books

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
Just wondering if there are actually people around here that read books, and if so: What book are you currently reading / Is waiting on the night table for you to pick it up?

Got two atm. Just started:

Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials

and

Eefje Blankevoort - Iran: Stiekem kan hier alles (Iran: Secretly you can do anything here)

Especially the 2nd book intrigues me alot. It's a book that gives you an inside look in Iran. Iran is alot on the news lately and mostly not in a positive way. This book is a story of a student that decided to go to Iran for her scription. Really interesting if you ask me.

atm i'm reading a fantasy book called
The Journey of Shannara by Terry Brooks... kinda summat like LOTR.. only this time they actually want to find a treasure at the end of the route... i'm reading the first of three books atm

Just wondering if there are actually people around here that read books

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Eefje Blankevoort

I also lol'd at this name.

Don't tell anyone: But I'm reading Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, a great read and a truly great book written by a wonderful activist and author and reading Failed States by Noam Chomsky, another fantastic intellectual and foremost critic of United States policy.

I've read every book based on the WarCraft universe. I enjoy reading Dean Koontz as well :)

lol @ Koontz

I aint read any books (for pleasure at least) in a while.. think the last thing I got properly into was Catch 22.. v good book tho if anyone ain't read it ;)

I'm reading God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, as recommended by Martz (I think). Before that I was reading the same books I've read for years and years, cos I'm one of those people who finds something they like and then read / listen to / watch litle else from then on. Got all the Discworld books, James Herriot, Sherlock Holmes, Michael Connelly, and I just reread them again and again.

one book every 2-3 days :)

mainly sci-fi, fantasy and science

Recently (xmas vacations)

David Weber - The Shadows of Saganami
Walter H. Hunt- The dark Crusade
Sergej Lukianenko - (hasnt been translated to english yet i believe, German title would be "Weltengänger")
and some more i cant remember or be arsed to find the english title for atm

Next ones prolly a Pratchett (Making Money i think)

I'm reading God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, as recommended by Martz (I think).

What do you think so far?

Personally I prefer non-fiction/biographies than fiction books. I've recently read since xmas:

Freakonomics

2 authors who apply economic theory to every day life situations with interesting results

The Professor, the Banker and the Suicide King

Tthe story of a multi-millionaire/billionaire called Andy Beal who tries to beat the best poker players in the world in Las Vegas.

Currently reading: Take Me To The River - Peter Alson
A modern book about being in the World Series of Poker on a budget.
Very good so far.

lol @ Koontz
Velocity.jpg

I read that in a small shop, flipped it, read the back of it and bought it.

atm i'm reading a fantasy book called
The Journey of Shannara by Terry Brooks... kinda summat like LOTR.. only this time they actually want to find a treasure at the end of the route... i'm reading the first of three books atm

Before :)

Lately i've read old book "Master and Margerita" (havent read that before:lol:).. Now im going to read "Alliance of Enemies" by Von Hassel and McRae. Did anyone read this? Is it worth of my time?:P I heard opinions that its good