Beware scam.....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Suicidal

Here to inspire...
Jun 25, 2001
Tower of Babel
If you are like me, you think you are the type of person that couldn't get scammed, you really need to read this.

Well here is a scam that would pretty catch much anyone. This is a scam that is happening in the UK, but these things spread and it is always good to know what shit people are up to.

Below are details of a scam currently going the rounds. The police have requested that as many people are alerted as possible.
Unfortunately it is a genuine scam.

Police Report !

The reason this is working so well is it plays on your good will!Picture the scene:-

You are sitting at home and there is a knock at the door. On aswering it you are confronted by a respectable looking woman in a suit, who is slightly distressed. She explains that her car has broken down further down the road and she needs to contact her husband to come to her aid. Is it at all possible to use your phone to call him? You allow her to use the phone, but being the suspicious type you stand with her as she makes the call. She dials the number, and asks to be put through to Mr Smith / Brown
/ Stevens (Whatever). She holds the line for about thirty seconds.
She continues, "In that case can you ask him to leave the meeting for a minute I need to speak to him quite urgently." She apologies again and explains they are getting him out of a meeting. A couple of minutes goes by and she starts to speak to her husband. She explains the situation to him, tells him what has happened to the car, is annoyed because she now can't get to her meeting, and asks what she should do now. She listens for a few seconds and then says, "Well as soon as the meeting finishes can you come to Cardiff Road / Leicester Road / Surrey Street (Whatever), where the car has broken down. Another few seconds go by, "OK, I'll see you in about twenty minutes then."
She put the phone down, and thanks you ever so much for your kind assistance, even offering you a pound for your trouble, but of course you decline, it's no trouble.

She leaves and everything is fine.

Or is it? The day or week before knocking on your door she set up her own premium rate line with a telephone company at the cost of about £150, and she has dictated that calls to that number should be charged at £50 per minute. She has dialled that number. The conversation she has had with her "husband" is entirely fictitious, there is a pre-recorded voice message on the
other end to give you the impression she is talking to someone. She has been on the phone for about five minutes, that call just cost you £250, the majority of which goes into her pocket, and the first you know about it is when you get your bill a month later.
To rub a bit of salt into the wound,she hasn't even committed a criminal offence. You've given her permission to use your phone. 5 occasions in Luton where this has been reported in the last
couple of weeks.

PC Paul Toseland
Corby Business Anti-Crime Network Administrator

It is no wonder there is little humanity left in the world.

Last edited:
I have already heard of this scam, and it doesn't work. The whole point of the scam is that nothing illegal is being committed, you have given them permission to use your phone and as no cost of the call has been agreed you have accepted whatever charges are being incurred, however, this is wrong. The woman is gaining entry by deception which is against the law. The police will be able to trace the con artist via the telephone company, bank details etc and in the mean time you do not pay your bill, it is the telephone companies responsibily to protect against fraud.

Obviously you still don't want to go to all this hassle, so if she does turn up beat her repeaedly with a large fish, however, chances of you actually losing any money to this are very slim :flyer:

Whether or not i could claim the money back is another thing, but i could really do without the hastle. And my experience so far with phone companies, is they don't like parting with your money once they have it.

The chances of someone from this forum being caught by this scam is pretty much much non existant, but it is always good to keep on top of these things

Mr Music tried scamming me, think i made a post about it.
Try looking for thei email addys:lol: they have none.u can become a member online via their page though:lol:gues they got alot of mail bombing for their scamming ways.

allways watch whats dialed if u can remember to or ask whta dumber and dial for em. not that ive ever been asked by a stranger for telephone use.